Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Des(s)ert Rat
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tell ya, ya give 'em a bike and they think they can do anything. D got a brand new Rocky Mountain for Christmas (so did J, but he "doesn't do kids rides anymore..." :rolleyes: ;))

This is D and Little J in Sedona, and yes, parts of Bell Rock are in these photos.

I love this last shot:

·
involuntary dismounter
2,391 Posts
those are awesome pics!!! i love sedona...one of my fave places to camp and hike...unfortunately haven't ridden up there yet :madman:...everytime i go, i go with non-bikers! :rolleyes:

looks like you guys had a great time! and those kids may be spoiled, but they're pros! awesome!!! :D:thumbsup::)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Spoiled?!?... I think not!

Spoiled is my daughter standing next to her bike, arms crossed, chin up, eyes closed, and tapping her foot "Dad, I am NOT touching my bike until you put the training wheels back on!" What can I say, I'm a sucker and she's my little Veruca Salt.

Great shots. Just imagine... we could very well be looking at another Tomac/Pezzo in the making :thumbsup:

·
Des(s)ert Rat
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
slow up slow down said:
Great shots!

What trail in Sedona is that? My family is taking a vacation down there, and I am looking for some easier trails my wife and daughter can ride. Would appreciate any advice.
We took the kids on some single track off the Bell Rock Pathway. There are numerous little loops you can do, we did one around "Little Bell" that day. My daughter and I also rode east of there near the Wilderness border. We got some great info and maps at the Bike and Bean in Oak Creek (across from the parking area for the Bell Rock Pathway). They provided the rented Kona in the photos (the smaller blue bike that Little J is riding).

·
Registered
6 Posts
More spoiled kids (and one spoiled dad)

I can't believe how hard it is to find nice children's bikes! Specialized is doing a decent job, but the forks are sooo heavy and lack adjustment. Nice 24" rims are scarce as well. The K2 in the pictures has custom wheels with the stock rims and American Classic hubs, as well as XTR 8 spd and v-brakes (hand me down when I went 9 spd and discs on a complete new bike)

I LOVE them being big enough to go riding with me . . . what a blast! I definitely have more fear for them than they have for themselves.

Attachments

·
Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
10,939 Posts
Scott makes a kids specific model that's got a Spinner fork specifically tuned for kid weights, and the bikes are well spec'ed. MBA ran a review of one a few months ago.

·
Des(s)ert Rat
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
kaneohe kruiser said:
I can't believe how hard it is to find nice children's bikes! Specialized is doing a decent job, but the forks are sooo heavy and lack adjustment.
Scott, Rocky Mountain, Marin, and some others.

D has a Rocky Mountain Vapor 24. It's a little rocket, lightweight, fork that works for her meager 45 pounds, disc brakes all on 24" wheels. It's pushing the envelope for price, but it's a family activity for us (therefore worth it).

Little J was on a rented Kona that was decent, but his bike at home is a Marin. I can't tell you exactly what it is, I'd have to call his mom.

·
Loose Nut Behind d' Wheel
1,500 Posts
screampint said:
I tell ya, ya give 'em a bike and they think they can do anything. QUOTE]

I think those are two of the luckiest kids on the planet! You rock!

Kathy :^)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.