Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
EDR
10,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do you all with kids in the 10 year old range buy gloves, shorts, shin protectors, etc from?

My son got his first mtb today and we took our first ride together, it was great.

Last month I checked out the lbs's for kid sized gloves and some other equipment and came up with nothing.

Any online suggestions?

Thanks...

·
Rollin' a fatty
5,863 Posts
For gloves try a department store, Toys R US or a dirt bike shop. Fox makes youth sized gloves.

A good LBS should have youth size helmets and clothing.

Can't help much with protectors but Fox makes them in youth sizes.

·
Rollin' a fatty
5,863 Posts

Helmet - mtb -On Line - Nashbar
Helmet - road - LBS
Camelback - On Line - Nashbar
Gloves - mtb - Wal Mart
Gloves - road - LBS
Jersey - LBS
Lycras - LBS
Bandana - LBS
Socks - LBS, eBay
Arm Skins - LBS
Shades - LBS
Shoes - On Line - Nashbar

You get the idea, I work on a LBS that carries Trek and Cannondale kid clothing but my kid is already fitting on adult sized jerseys, pants and socks.

·
Fermented Grain Sampler
clinking clanking clattering collection of collagenous junk
4,164 Posts
Experiment with sizes... my 7 year old fits small women's adult gloves. Didn't know they were women's just picked up a blue pair that looked fine for him and they fit. Bell Helmet from Target. Hasn't had a need for any jersey yet. His Camelbak is my old original model the 70 oz one before there were 20 different kinds. He digs it.

·
EDR
10,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks all, I do have an REI nearby just rarely go there.

He's not a dh'r but falls are bound to happen, thats why I was hoping to find some shin or elbow pads as he's a little to daring for his age. Lots of rocks in my area.

·
I Just Ride
284 Posts
My 9 yo uses my roach arm guards for her knee/shin protection. Wish I could say that I thought of it but she helping me clean them one day and next thing I know she's riding around with them on her legs. Best thing is they fit great.

I had to get a second pair for my 5 yo since he's the daredevil and takes some really hard crashes trying new stuff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.