Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
pronounced may-duh
4,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son is 7 and he's caught the mtn biking bug. He wants to be decked out just like dad. He's got a helmet, gloves and a little kids size camelbak. So far he rides in regular sneakers, jeans, tee shirt, sweatshirt (if it's cold). Do they make kids bike clothes? I saw some wicking tees and shirts at walmart that are targeted towards other kid sports such as baseball, soccer, basketball, etc... I imagine they would be just fine for riding and very affordable. But what about shoes? Do they even make bike shoes for kids that young? They would have to be pretty cheap, cause they way kids grow he would never get a full season out of a pair. Anybody have experience with this? What are our options?

·
Rollin' a fatty
5,863 Posts
Off course, Trek, Cannondale and have seen some in Nashbar and Price Point.

For shoes check out BMX stores, Shimano, Answer and others make SPD compatible shoes.

In terms of price, they run about the same as grown up gear.

·
Get your freak on!
2,696 Posts
Second the idea of the womens gear - get some casual womens gear which generally runs smaller. Same goes for the shoes. I think Fox have a line of Kids 'performance' wear - they at least have the gloves and pads for 'more extreme' riding:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.