Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Perhaps, like many, you're looking for a way to adapt your two-wheeled kid trailer from Burley, Chariot or the others to your new mountain bike that has a thru axle ?

We are offering just such a solution and have dozens of satisfied customers on their new mountain bikes with 12mm thru axle mounted to their hitch-mounted trailers.

Robert Axle Project

MG_3167-B.jpg

Check us out and get out there with your family in tow.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
333 Posts
I have been looking for this.... some questions tho.. for a Chariot hitch mount how would I mount the hitch to the TA? is it as easy are wallowing out the hole to accommodate the 12mm TA?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been looking for this.... some questions tho.. for a Chariot hitch mount how would I mount the hitch to the TA? is it as easy are wallowing out the hole to accommodate the 12mm TA?
We put some videos up on our website that show how easy it is to mount your trailer to your Robert Axle.

Robert Axle Project | Installing Robert Axle | 12mm Thru Axle for Use With Bike Trailers
For the Hitch-Mount scroll to the bottom, the last video shows the basic install.

·
beer thief
4,919 Posts
I need to give props to Chris and the guys at the Robert Axle Project for superior customer service. I ordered a thru-axle for my custom Rob trailer and inadvertently ordered an axle for a hitch mount trailer. No problem, Chris says, and sent a new axle and return shipping label instantly.

I received the new axle and a month or so went by before I had a chance to try it out. Although my hubs are 170 mm width (fat bike), the axle is 217 mm long to go through the extra thickness of a split pivot design so the Robert Axle was not long enough. I emailed Chris again and he had shipped a new axle and return shipping label within minutes. Besides this great service, the quality and finish of these axles is superb.

Highly recommend the Robert Axle for folks with thru-axles needing to pull trailers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts