Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rode one yesterday and was surprised by how much I like it. Granted it was a city test but I found some embankments and terraces to play on. My primary interest was to check it out for small radius slow speed turns and acceleration. Both experiments were very successful; it’s a lively quick handling bike. The frame is very stout, probably the strongest in the KHS line. It makes my Intense Spyder feel loose by comparison. In person it’s a very attractive bike which was also a surprise as I thought it unattractive in photos. I am not a fan of the new curvy downtube look on bikes because they look like city cruisers, but the hefty square section downtube on the KHS gives it a serious look the means business. Its decently speced, but I would immediately put on lighter wheels and change the handlebar and grips. I would also change the Sram shifters to Shimano ones because I prefer their function and positioning. Of course that’s a personal preference. Buying a frame would be ideal. All in all it’s a great bike and a good value at $2600. They are pretty much sold out and hard to find and I'm torn between buying it or waiting for the Rocky Mountain 650Bs next year.

·
Trail Tire TV on blogger
4,237 Posts
yaa.. been eyeballing them.. kinda like it better than the Jamis as the head angle is tighter. I keep wheeling the Jamis climbing a steep hill, but my 29er I'm always feeling like I'm going to go over the bars when on a down hill run. Jamis is 68º My Voodoo is 71º and the KHS is 69.5º... nice middle ground :D

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
What SteveF said! Rocky Mountain 650bs?
Yeah, what they both said??? Spill the goods if you know something about this.

Would be sweet and from all the tests I've read on Rocky's I think their tweak on the FSR design to get around the Specialized patent might actually work better. Kinda dig their straight up geometry also.

Sorry for the little thread hijack but you gotta be careful dropping a carrot like that in front of us.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts