Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in the market for a dirtjump frame and had two questions
1.)squishy or hardtail?
2.)is the khs dirtjumper/azonic stealhead any good?

·
Registered
77 Posts
i have a khs dj100 frame and i have no complaints other than the rear is a bit long and the v-brake mounts need to be removable.and a hardtail is better for dirt jumping and hitting the skatepark.

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
Azonic STEELhead is much better. Now that I've said that, you're going to go buy the KHS.

The Steelhead uses better stock than the KHS, but I'm not sure I believe Azonic when they say it's a full 4130 cromo frame. It feels too heavy. Geometry for the Steelhead is also optimized for dirtjumping/urban. If you run discs, it can be tricky since the disc mount only works if you run the axle in exactly the right position in the dropouts.

You may want to look at the Giant STP. It is aluminum, but the geometry is totally dialed. And it's dirt cheap for what it is.

I've already covered the dual suspension issue.

·
Portland, OR
3,112 Posts
the steelhead are okay, they are usually really cheap. so you can go check one of those out. but I would reccomend looking around for a good used alu frame. stp, P. series, kona clump series hardtails. I've found the older P. frames to be pretty versatile, stp's are suppost to be really sick bikes. kona ... get one if you're planning on doing a little more dirt riding than park/street. or get the XS frame.

whats your budget ?

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
eh i dont need a dirtjump frame any more got meself a great deal on a devinci guzzler freeride bike so yah besides there is nowhere here to dirtjump but there is lots of places rarin for streetjump/freeride

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
todd_freeride said:
the steelhead are okay, they are usually really cheap. so you can go check one of those out. but I would reccomend looking around for a good used alu frame. stp, P. series, kona clump series hardtails. I've found the older P. frames to be pretty versatile, stp's are suppost to be really sick bikes. kona ... get one if you're planning on doing a little more dirt riding than park/street. or get the XS frame.

whats your budget ?
Thank you for phrasing that the way you did.

Potini'vegotastickupmyass. Shut up. If you don't want help. Don't post up. Or put me on the ignore list. In both threads I did provide information. I didn't say your frame was going to explode from sitting on it. You're the one that's unskillfully manipulating my words to try and make me look like a jackass. So shut the hell up.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lolz please move your arguments over to the "shock strength" thread so you dont bug these good people who offered alot of information to me

once again thanx everyone except mr. angermanagement over there

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.