Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
SS in CO
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I heard that KHS might be bringing out a 29er soon? does anyone know anything about that? I was chatting w/a guy about getting a haro in august and he said something about a cheap KHS 29er that would be geared and compete with the Monocog for being the cheap way to go for 29ers. I can't find anything...

·
Registered
234 Posts
I haven't heard anything about a KHS 29er.

I do think that it would be unique if they offer a 29er version of their soft tail Solo bike as single speed and geared. An affordable soft tail be something fresh and may lead to good sales being that Salsa is the only mass produced soft tail.

·
giddy up!
3,248 Posts
Alright...here's the story:

1. I do work for KHS
2. I do not work for UPS....although the random assortment of boxes and packages in my car on any given day may give off that impression.
3. KHS is located in Compton....Rancho Dominguez just looks better on a catalog.
4. If money were no object...I'd spend all my time riding epic-length rides in the mountains and building ridiculously small 29"ers.

Now...for the real info:

1. KHS will be offering 29"ers for 2007
2. There will likely be 2 models...3 at the most. Some will have multiple speeds....others will not.
3. There will be a rigid fork on one of them.
4. They'll be affordable.

That's honestly all the information I've got for ya at this time.

I wouldn't plan on the public seeing one until interbike. Except for you Padre...you'll probably see me testing one before summer is out:)

B

·
Bicyclist
2,974 Posts
donkey said:
Now...for the real info:

1. KHS will be offering 29"ers for 2007
2. There will likely be 2 models...3 at the most. Some will have multiple speeds....others will not.
3. There will be a rigid fork on one of them.
4. They'll be affordable.
Please say at least one will be made of steel! I know that's fairly unlikely today but I dearly love my KHS '98 Team frame with a main triangle made of OX Gold. It'd be sweet to have a steel KHS 29"er. :D

·
Registered
123 Posts
IBEX is comming out with one for 2007 as well.

Hardtail with front suspension geared.
Far as price they said components comparable to other 1400$ MSRP bikes for under 1k$

Was gona try to wait but bought a Monocog instead, may still get one thou.

·
Registered
9,540 Posts
Guitar Ted said:
Add Marin to that list. Got word yesterday of at least one, possibly two from them for '07 as well.
Hmmmm.....A Marin Nail Trail was my first mountain bike and from there my obsession began.

It'll be cool to see what they have to offer up then. :thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.