Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably not popular with the 'let's ding Keystone' crowd... But I had a blast riding there today. It is still an awesome mountain and offers long and diverse trails.

All trails looked to me in same or better shape than always. The trail crew was out and actually did maintenance work. And one could see the results: rebuilt transitions and berms, graded brake bumps.

Also some improvements and changes. A smaller brother to the ladder drop on East Forrest. Loggers Way got turned into a Mach 3 super highway, complete with long and low tables and wide berms.

Anybody looking for long runs on real trails (and got bored with the 50th Trestle run): Go Keystone. It is as good as it ever was.

·
Oh, So Interesting!
5,647 Posts
I agree!

I was there Thursday, it just rained a lot and it was hero dirt. Some stuff was a little more slippery, I went down the left line on the high speed dirt roller a bit too fast and slid it sideways into bottom.... also saw the new (???) Honda dh bike out for a ride.

I like the longer runs, it's only jump lines I want to hit more often.

How did you do on the tables on money right after the berms? I couldn't quite rip thru there fast enough to clear the 1st table but you could pedal for the 2nd if you miss the 1st. Nice to have a challenge...

·
Registered
331 Posts
I agree. Was there yesterday.
Alot of work has been done and the mountian was in good shape!

·
Living the High Life
4,542 Posts
At first I was a little hesitant for the race there next weekend. 2,300 vert is a very long DH course. But after riding there Saturday I'm excited, I love those trails. Except for parts of Paid in Full, off the brakes at race pace on that trail can get out right scary. Definitely bring your man pants (or big girl pants for the chick racers I guess).

·
Living the High Life
4,542 Posts
davec113 said:
gotta love those metal grates...
Yeah and baby heads at 30+ mph.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts