Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Card Carrying Member
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ETR and I met up with Scrubby at Keystone yesterday for a phenom day of riding. Started out damp and cool, but the conditions got better and better through the day.

The Paid In Full trail is pretty cool with the stunts and stuff, but the wide open straight down the slope portions were brutal on a hardtail at speed. :D The bridge/drop stuff is very rad. We saw some dude fall off and split his chin open on it though. Glad we had hit it before him, otherwise it might have spooked us. It was gross! The drop is super smooth, but the bridge was a little slick with the rain early in the day.

The first table on the first run handed my @ss to me. I hit it too fast, landed upslope down toward the bottom of the tranny... face first into the dirt/rocks. Took me a while to shake that off... tweaked foot. That foot coupled with some missing pins in that pedal made things interesting the rest of the day. hehe.

ETR was stupid fast and Scrubby had a couple VERY nice runs through Wild Thing on his new Peyto (hot frame!). We shot a bunch of video, but I have yet to get it all to gether for a short clip/vid. I should have plenty of time to do it the next day or two while I wait for parts for my car.

Anyway, I only took a couple pics, but here they are.

Scrubby on a turn and the Ghetta at the end of the day. :( I may post some vid stills later...

Oh, and one last one off ETR's cam...

Attachments

·
trail waggler
1,425 Posts
Great stuff!!

Looks like a perfect day! (except for the auto mechanical) Much nicer than driving all the way to Silverton, though Silverton looks pretty wild.

Still thinking of getting a Chapparell?

·
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
8,847 Posts
[email protected]! i should've stayed to caravan back with you two, then could've given you and the bikes a lift.

so, uh, i guess no ride for ya today, huh? probably gonna' hit hall about 2pm with stephan and two he's bringing.

planning on getting up into sourdough area early tomorrow morning for some miles if you want. i'd pick you up if the car is still crapped out.

nice pics, BTW. i'll get a few of mine going eventually.

·
Card Carrying Member
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
scrublover said:
[email protected]! i should've stayed to caravan back with you two, then could've given you and the bikes a lift.

so, uh, i guess no ride for ya today, huh? probably gonna' hit hall about 2pm with stephan and two he's bringing.

planning on getting up into sourdough area early tomorrow morning for some miles if you want. i'd pick you up if the car is still crapped out.

nice pics, BTW. i'll get a few of mine going eventually.
Ahhh, we made it to the Eldorado Market, so we were pretty close to home.

No riding for me today, I gotta find a way to Arvada to pull my tranny. I'm 99% sure it's the pressure plate, but I'm going to go ahead and do all the other stuff in there while I've got it out. Should be a 2-3 hour job total, so it's not that bad. It just sucks being here with it there and not being able to wrench on it. I usually try and keep my cars from being down more than 24hrs, but not this time...

·
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
8,847 Posts
more pics....

of ETR and Kitchenware. And some guy who busted up his chin on the new drop stunt on Paid in Full. Hooked him up with some Steri-Strips and a dressing. Looked close to, if not down to the bone. Stupid me forgot to click a pre-bandage job shot. I was a bit too weenied out to do the drop, and stuck with tihe roller off on the left instead.

Was a good day; got there a bit late and only got in four runs as opposed to their five. Meh. Still very worth going! A bit blurry on a couple of the shots.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,104 Posts
Good stuff!

Good stuff! I've got to get up there to try the new trail before close day. Anyone interested in doing it the weekend of Sept 18th?

We had a riot at Angelfire but didn't take a single picture. You've got to get down there sometime.

·
Premium Member
5,104 Posts
Yessir!

daveM said:
Posts like these are definitely bittersweet, [email protected], one whole summer. I'll definitely be wanting to hit Angelfire and Keystone next year...great pics guys, and props to Jim, Jedi freeride-hardtail master!! :cool:

You still liking the 8" setup on your Bullit Kristian?
The extra 2" (and the overall exceptional feel of the Romic) has completely transformed the bike. It pedals better AND rides better. Those Romic guys deserve a Nobel prize!

You're on in regards to Angelfire next year. I'm going to spend as much time as possible down there!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.