Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was up at Keystone yesterday and was pleasantly surprised by a bunch of new stuff they had open. Apologies for no pictures, I forgot to bring the camera! New stuff includes a great new trail and some new wooden stunts ranging from bridges to drops.

The new trail - parts of it go straight down the ski runs. GREAT RUN! You can get an amazing amount of speed built up on those sections!

They also added a big wooden launch ramp on one section. One could go pretty big on it and there is some tranny to keep the landing sweet. Only thing is there is a bit of a rut from running water right before it that can screw you up.

A new wooden bridge stunt section was opened up too. Two different routes. To the left it's wider with a roll off section or you can drop it ( maybe 3 feet ). Yesterday they had the right side open at times - a lot skinnier section with what the builders said was a 5.5 foot drop at the end ( to tranny ). According to them I was the first person to attempt it - too bad I didn't make it! There are two trees right before the drop you have to watch for. I winged one with my shoulder and it send me head first off the drop.

There is another drop section that reminds me of a couple stunts that are at Whistler. You can actually drop pretty far off it if you go fast enough.

Hopefully someone will put up pics of some of the stuff I mentioned. The new additions are definitely fun, and something new to do at Keystone besides the same old....and at least now I don't feel like I'm being taken for my $28. I'd definitely recommend checking it out!

·
Registered
6 Posts
All of the new stuff is lame, except for the bridge drop. If you enjoy going strait down ski runs its for you. Its cool to do a couple of times, but it gets old real quick. Just my $.02

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
ladge said:
I was up at Keystone yesterday and was pleasantly surprised by a bunch of new stuff they had open. Apologies for no pictures, I forgot to bring the camera! New stuff includes a great new trail and some new wooden stunts ranging from bridges to drops.

The new trail - parts of it go straight down the ski runs. GREAT RUN! You can get an amazing amount of speed built up on those sections!

They also added a big wooden launch ramp on one section. One could go pretty big on it and there is some tranny to keep the landing sweet. Only thing is there is a bit of a rut from running water right before it that can screw you up.

A new wooden bridge stunt section was opened up too. Two different routes. To the left it's wider with a roll off section or you can drop it ( maybe 3 feet ). Yesterday they had the right side open at times - a lot skinnier section with what the builders said was a 5.5 foot drop at the end ( to tranny ). According to them I was the first person to attempt it - too bad I didn't make it! There are two trees right before the drop you have to watch for. I winged one with my shoulder and it send me head first off the drop.

There is another drop section that reminds me of a couple stunts that are at Whistler. You can actually drop pretty far off it if you go fast enough.

Hopefully someone will put up pics of some of the stuff I mentioned. The new additions are definitely fun, and something new to do at Keystone besides the same old....and at least now I don't feel like I'm being taken for my $28. I'd definitely recommend checking it out!
it sounds like you had a pretty bad crash. cool that you tried it though... sounds like a fun place, pics would be great next time you go.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wjlljr said:
Sound like fun. Where is this new ride? I'm heading up to Keystone next weekend and would like to run it.

Thanks.
I think we are heading up Sunday, I should be able to get some pics then. It's easy to find, just go down Cowboy Up - hit the new trail from last year with the small doubles. Eventually you'll see a sign and a new trail veer off to the left. Just follow it down.

The addition of this trail is probably about 33% increase in expert trails at Keystone. Lame is going down the same trail over and over, it gets old quick...something new is good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.