Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for the best rides around the lake area. I will be spending some time on the lake in july, and I will be bringing my ss, and a superlight. I would love to find the best trails within an hour or so.
Thanks for any help,
Kevin

·
NoTubes.com
600 Posts
Kevin1013 said:
Looking for the best rides around the lake area. I will be spending some time on the lake in july, and I will be bringing my ss, and a superlight. I would love to find the best trails within an hour or so.
Thanks for any help,
Kevin

Where are you staying on the lake? There are decent trails in several directions but it depends which side you are on and which end of the lake.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Kevin1013 said:
I'm staying on the upper right side of the "Y", about 20 -30 miles below Penn Yan.
There's good riding in Naples and Bristol, NY, not too far from Penn Yan. Naples has Hi Tor, and Bristol has a few places - Stid Hill, Ontario County Park, and Camp Cutler that can all be joined to make for a 25 mile, 4000 foot vertical, ride. July is a ways away, but those places are worth checking out if you aren't too far from them. Hi Tor is the closest to Penn Yan. I've got a map somewhere if you are interested.
Check out the rochester bicycling club web page for some info on the trails. Park Ave Bike runs a race in Camp Cutler, so they might have maps on their page. Also there's a charity ride called the Highlander Bike Tour that takes place in the Bristol / Naples area. They would have a map of the Mountaineer ride that connects three of the places together. It would be tough to find you way through without someone who has done it before, as some of the route get grown over by then or isn't spelled out all that well. I might be up for any of the rides if I'm around.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts