Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Who would I tell to cut the grass on the connector trail from the john muir to emma carlin trails I got back from ride wednesday and I had 2 ticks on me from the tall grass on the sides of the trail.

·
Just ride.
230 Posts
DNR knows about it

Dale said:
Who would I tell to cut the grass on the connector trail from the john muir to emma carlin trails I got back from ride wednesday and I had 2 tricks on me from the tall grass on the sides of the trail.
They know about it. The connector is virtually unrideable due to overgrowth.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Dale said:
I had 2 tricks on me from the tall grass on the sides of the trail.
By "tricks" do mean middle-aged accountant types offering to pay you for sexual favors? Man that would creep me out too. Although, if go parading around in spandex, you just have to expect that's going to happen to you from time to time.

·
viva la v-brakes!
2,444 Posts
Sure, and maybe they could pave the trail for you while they are at it? Ticks are a fact of life. Quit whining and ride your bike.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Dale said:
Who would I tell to cut the grass on the connector trail from the john muir to emma carlin trails I got back from ride wednesday and I had 2 ticks on me from the tall grass on the sides of the trail.
Ticks are abundant in mowed city parks and yards too. You just have to be looking for them when you're done riding.

As far as who to tell. I believe those trails are like ours in the Madison area where the work is done by volunteers so you need to be gentile as far as any telling. Most who do a lot of trail work never need to be told what has to be done. Just help to get it done.

I'm not sure if the people in the Whitewater area are organized with a web presence with messaging, but this is the link I've had.

http://my.execpc.com/~jwamser/WORBA.html

·
Registered
99 Posts
i think the trail crew saw this post .....rode the whole system on sunday and someone has trimmed the trees back along the whole way ..........that trail crew is awesome !!!!!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.