Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the trails around Ketchum going to be dry enough to ride next week (Monday through Friday)? I was going to go up for a much-anticipated week of riding there next week, but am wondering if I should hold off until mid/late July. I'm looking at trails like Greenhorn Gulch / Mahoney Creek, and Red Warrior Creek. I really want to go, but would rather hold off if its at all iffy.

Same question for Stanley-area trails, such as Fisher Creek and Redfish Lake.

I also wonder if river crossings will be a problem next week.

Any information would be very much appreciated! Thanks!

·
aaarrrggghh!
631 Posts
HOLD OFF!!!! I just got back from riding in Sun Valley and the trail conditions are horrid. Water flowing down trails, ruts, and lots and lots of mud. They had over 2 inches of rain a couple of days ago.

The Ranger District told us to stay off.

·
aaarrrggghh!
631 Posts
Probably on a normal year but they have had more rain up there this year than they have in thirty years according to the Ranger that chewed me out for riding on muddy trails. That place is wrecked right now and needs some time to dry out. Cow Creek is currently the only dry trail. I told her I might head up on the weekend of the 4th and she said it would probably be dry but the ruts will remain.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a whole lot for the insight and advice. I willl hold off until mid or late July. I knew you have had much rain, but strangely enough, when I called the ranger district offices on Monday, I got ambiguous answers as to whether the trails would be dry enough to ride, thus kind of keeping my hopes alive for next week. But its far better to wait for more ideal conditions.

·
Registered
498 Posts
dreampath said:
Thanks a whole lot for the insight and advice. I willl hold off until mid or late July. I knew you have had much rain, but strangely enough, when I called the ranger district offices on Monday, I got ambiguous answers as to whether the trails would be dry enough to ride, thus kind of keeping my hopes alive for next week. But its far better to wait for more ideal conditions.
It's been my experience that 98% of the rangers are jerks unless you're on the Sierra Club approved list... It's been 75-80 & sunny for the past 3 days in Ketchum, I can't believe the trails aren't dry by now. Call the shops.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts