Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Banned
6,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got done resurecting a Rubicon that I had laying around - to give to a dude that got hosed by Katrina- check out the completed bike below.

Building the bike back up reminded me why I like these things so much -so much that I decided to try and build one for myself.

I have a Rubicon frame on the way from a friend - but his is a medium and I need a large. I believe you can change out the top tubes of the bike to effectively change the size.

Anyone got a lead on a large Rubicon top tube - or whole frame?

Thanks!

IRMB

Attachments

· FreeRider 4 Real (not!)
363 Posts
Did you know the design group responsible for the Rubicon designed the Cannondale Super V and a suspension frame for Scott.

· Registered
995 Posts
erkan said:
Did you know the design group responsible for the Rubicon designed the Cannondale Super V and a suspension frame for Scott.
Hm. Erkan, are you sure? I saw about 50 versions of this thing including the final one on the computer at Brent Trimbles place, and a zillion of the little machined linkage parts as well. He didn't say anything about the Cdale or scott bikes tho.

· Banned
6,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
flyingsuperpetis said:
Hm. Erkan, are you sure? I saw about 50 versions of this thing including the final one on the computer at Brent Trimbles place, and a zillion of the little machined linkage parts as well. He didn't say anything about the Cdale or scott bikes tho.
Don't know about Brent Trimble - but a sticker on the bike says Sand Point Design and C1 Design. When I asked Kestrel about it they said Sand Point Design was basically Kestrels parent company - and that the Kestrel team including Kent and Kevin designed the suspension for the Rubicon in house.

If you check out http://www.waterworks-lamson.com/story.html

It talks a bit more about it. Sand Point and C1 do not claim to have designed the SuperV frame - they claim to have designed the Headshock fork - though the verbiage on the website above is a little confusing on that part.

I am confident that the Scott Vertigo LSD was designed by the same group - I sold the Scott's for a while - and they had literature with them giving props to C1 design. Check out the pic - the top tube pivots near the head tube and pushes down on the forward member of the swing arm - it's basically an aluminum rubicon

Attachments

· Registered
995 Posts
snail said:
You know regarding the question of who did what is meaningless.

Trimble and C1 could have worked on the design in collaboration. many products are designed as such.
Yeah, that'd be my guess. Brent started Kestrel, and even after he left to do Trimble, he was still pretty actively involved in the companies projects.

Like most cases, of who did what, you probably had to be there to know for sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.