Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
MTB aficionado
Joined
·
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know how are the trails looking these days at K-B SRA? Two weeks ago, when on my way to Hatcher Pass, they were still looking a bit soggy for knobby tires.

Thanks,

EndUser
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
Keplar-Bradley still soggy...

EndUser said:
Does anybody know how are the trails looking these days at K-B SRA? Two weeks ago, when on my way to Hatcher Pass, they were still looking a bit soggy for knobby tires.

Thanks,

EndUser
I went running there Thursday 4/14 and it was mostly very wet. Still a few icy/snowy spots, but mostly mud. Still too wet for responsible riding. Let's wait a couple more weeks.

Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
540 Posts
Is that Motolite built yet?

EndUser said:
Does anybody know how are the trails looking these days at K-B SRA? Two weeks ago, when on my way to Hatcher Pass, they were still looking a bit soggy for knobby tires.

Thanks,

EndUser
The KB trails aren't a TRUE test of all that travel!!!!!!!!
Post a picture of that "PHAT" ride.

Dave (The Taveler) formally known as AkDave
 

·
MTB aficionado
Joined
·
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dave... the ML is done

AkDave said:
The KB trails aren't a TRUE test of all that travel!!!!!!!!
Post a picture of that "PHAT" ride.

Dave (The Taveler) formally known as AkDave
Dave,

Have you moved yet?? I haven't seen you around lately.

The ML is built and ready to roll. I've been riding it on the hillside dirt roads and getting my riding position dialed in. It has not yet had a proper off-road shake-down ride, but it's sweet so far. Bottom line is a 26 lbs build. The bike is quite efficient and it climbs very, very well... the RP3 rules. If I don't kill myself on this bike, I'll die of old age.

Looks like KB will be the area to dry out first, at least locally, so this is where I'll probably be trail riding at least in the near term.

I'll post some pics when I get a chance. I'm growing more and more fond of the Pearl white color.

Kyle
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
540 Posts
I'm still here...

EndUser said:
Dave,

Have you moved yet?? I haven't seen you around lately.

The ML is built and ready to roll. I've been riding it on the hillside dirt roads and getting my riding position dialed in. It has not yet had a proper off-road shake-down ride, but it's sweet so far. Bottom line is a 26 lbs build. The bike is quite efficient and it climbs very, very well... the RP3 rules. If I don't kill myself on this bike, I'll die of old age.

Looks like KB will be the area to dry out first, at least locally, so this is where I'll probably be trail riding at least in the near term.

I'll post some pics when I get a chance. I'm growing more and more fond of the Pearl white color.

Kyle
I am still preping the house to sell. I hope to be out of here in June. Hopefully we can get a ride in. Pat just finished the 700 disc wheels for the HCR and the new 100mm rigid fork is about a month away. I'll have a bastardized road bike then......A KB ride would be fun.
The white ML looks VERY nice indeed!
Dave
 

·
ABC Rec Div / STA Trails
Joined
·
287 Posts
Was out there last weekend

EndUser said:
Does anybody know how are the trails looking these days at K-B SRA? Two weeks ago, when on my way to Hatcher Pass, they were still looking a bit soggy for knobby tires.
I would suggest starting out at the Kepler Lakes trail head and avoiding the South End of the park (Kepler-Bradley Trail Head) as you will otherwise find yourself in deep mud and tearing up the trail pretty bad. The field system is for the most part dried out. Only ventured into the Crevace Morraine area a little and it was relatively dry. Either way stay on the higher ground and you will be good to ride with only occassional mud.

Still a lot of overgrowth from last fall / this spring and a lot of vegetative debris on the trail too so you will either way have to probably wash the bike afterwards. I plan on going on the ABC ride out on KGB road and then probably hitting up Kepler Bradley later in the day.

Christopher
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top