Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
429 Posts
From what I understand, the folks who live at the end of Kenter, where we park, haven't been too happy with all of the traffic and noice in front of their homes. Needless to say, we just need to keep it quiet and pick up after ourselves...

Also, the city re-paved one of the roads that leads to the jumps, and in the process, bulldozed the last table top. Luckily, that is as far as they went--hopefully, they won't go any further than that...
 

·
DOWNHILL MAFIA
Joined
·
1,360 Posts
We are on the verge of the death of freeriding here in SOCAL!!!

We must become advocates for our sport or we will lose all of our favorite riding places forever. There are forces working against us. It's time to raise up, people!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,370 Posts
WWT said:
From what I understand, the folks who live at the end of Kenter, where we park, haven't been too happy with all of the traffic and noice in front of their homes. Needless to say, we just need to keep it quiet and pick up after ourselves...

Also, the city re-paved one of the roads that leads to the jumps, and in the process, bulldozed the last table top. Luckily, that is as far as they went--hopefully, they won't go any further than that...
The new housing project on the sidehill below were likely required to re-pave the road once the heavy trucks were finished hauling. Sadly, it would take them 15 minutes to scrape all those jumps. I would warm up to that idea....more people = more traffic = more injuries = bye bye whoops. It's almost as if the place was better off with a few mediocre jumps that nobody talked about.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,396 Posts
Dusty Bottoms said:
The new housing project on the sidehill below were likely required to re-pave the road once the heavy trucks were finished hauling. Sadly, it would take them 15 minutes to scrape all those jumps. I would warm up to that idea....more people = more traffic = more injuries = bye bye whoops. It's almost as if the place was better off with a few mediocre jumps that nobody talked about.
or we start building more towards the top of the trail... i'll try to be out there on Sat... i'm gonna see what's up.

it's still open right?

man this sucks...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,010 Posts
JBsoxB said:
or we start building more towards the top of the trail... i'll try to be out there on Sat... i'm gonna see what's up.

it's still open right?

man this sucks...
Hey everybody, don't freak out - the move to close the public road is not on Kenter - it's in the development built on the old LA dump - it's important to fight for access, so we DON'T lose Kenter, Amalfi, Westridge etc. - city streets that we all (well, LA residents anyway) pay taxes on, but the rich folk that live there don't want riff-raff like mountain bikers to have access to

-so, fight the gates on public roads
-be cool when you park on Kenter - keep your music low, park legally, take out your trash, be polite to neighbors etc.
-remember when you build, that keeping stuff not too visible from a distance is a good idea - my understanding is that one of those new houses below is the Govenator's - and believe me, we don't want HIS attention on our jumps, he could have them dozed in a minute
-did I mention being cool to the neighbors?
-if you get hurt, or one of your friends get hurt, unless it's life-threatening, get yourself out of there, no 911, no helicopters - no authorities asking questions...
-when you build, remember to leave a line for the XC folks that is safe - those lycra folks like coming down the "whoopdie whoops" (as I've heard them call them ;-) too, and if THEY get hurt often, we're probably done

and finally, expect that one day one of us will show up and they will be gone, it will suck, we'll be bummed, but it will probably happen....

as for the last jump, it looks like they needed some dirt to fill in the gullies in the dirt road when they paved it (btw, they paved up to the water tanks, so it appears it was for that purpose only) - they probably didn't know or care it was a jump...
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top