Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 289 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know who you are - PLEASE post yours here. The one stop thread for ERIKSEN frames.

Here are a few shots of my frame I received today - will finish the build and final tweaking this week - follow-up photos to come.

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
head badge

I have ordered a Kent Eriksen frame recently. I thought Kent had changed the head tube badge to a screw on type but it looks like a decal on your frame. Am I seeing things?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes - he offers a head badge too....

stuss said:
I have ordered a Kent Eriksen frame recently. I thought Kent had changed the head tube badge to a screw on type but it looks like a decal on your frame. Am I seeing things?
but I went with the decal. Personal pref.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
#241 here. Had it built as a single speed with sliders, but had some extra hose guides tacked on the seatstay to run a continous cable housing for a 1x9, (have yet to do). It has a 2" down tube that makes it stiffer than Ron Jeremy so it'll mash up technical hills like a race horse behind a glue truck. Couldn't have chosen a better builder.

Hey Hardtail29er, glad to see you got your frame. The decals look really good. I was teetering on the black myself.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Hello! First off, VERY gorgeous frames you got there guys! I don't think anyone has nicer welds than a KE frame. I'm currently contemplating on joining the Kent club but I just want to ask first how tough is the finish on his frame? I heard a satin finish on a titanium frame is a scratch magnet. How true is this? If you do scratch it is it easy to buff out yourself? I really hope to hear from you guys! I'm having fitted later this afternoon in a local Kent Eriksen dealer here and I just can't stop dreaming about getting my hands on a KE frame soon. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
997 Posts
nothing to worry about. the satin finish is plenty robust and once you got it used up have it refurbished. if i remember correctly, kent will charge you $150 or so and it looks new again. mine is 3 years old and no reason to have it refurbished yet.

kent is a great guy and i am sure you will love your bike.

1 - 20 of 289 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.