Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
holding back the darkness
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Any takers for a Kenosha-to-Breck run on Wednesday?
Got two to maybe four of us going up there with shuttle space for several more. Drop car will be left in Breck with plans to stay the night and hit Lenawee on thursday morning, and then (depending on conditions, reports, ect).... maybe try for Commando Run on Friday.

Leaving the metro area bright and squirrely (0600) on Wednesday. Come for the whole enchilada or just rendezvous for a section.

Post up or PM for more details.

edit: Freshly imported east-coast beers, local favorites, and bourbon will also be accompanying us on this little adventure.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Youse guys are leaving at 6 to spool out the shuttle? What time do you think wheels down will be?

And if I decide to come along for the ride, is it possible to jump in on the tail end of the shuttle on Wed and get a ride back to Kenosha to reunite with my car?

And pace? Hammerfest or daisy sniffing. I'm a daisy sniffer.

·
Registered
9,691 Posts
I'd love to but probably would not look too good calling in sick to my relatively new job. Take pictures though. I may do Kenosha this Saturday- or Peaks trail in Breck.

·
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
anthonys said:
Youse guys are leaving at 6 to spool out the shuttle? What time do you think wheels down will be?

And if I decide to come along for the ride, is it possible to jump in on the tail end of the shuttle on Wed and get a ride back to Kenosha to reunite with my car?

And pace? Hammerfest or daisy sniffing. I'm a daisy sniffer.
Hopefully we can be riding by 0900hrs.
The tail end of the shuttle will most likely be crashing for the night in Breck to ride more in the morning. There may be someone coming back through Denver that night, but not back to Kenosha.
Pace.... Somewhere in the middle. We're riding this for fun. As such there will be much heckling, picture-taking, and depending on my flatlander cohort's hematocrit, frequent breather stops. That being said, all attempts will be made to maintain forward progress as not to be struck by lightning or get caught in the dark.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
subliminalshiver said:
Hopefully we can be riding by 0900hrs.
The tail end of the shuttle will most likely be crashing for the night in Breck to ride more in the morning. There may be someone coming back through Denver that night, but not back to Kenosha.
Pace.... Somewhere in the middle. We're riding this for fun. As such there will be much heckling, picture-taking, and depending on my flatlander cohort's hematocrit, frequent breather stops. That being said, all attempts will be made to maintain forward progress as not to be struck by lightning or get caught in the dark.:thumbsup:
Hmmmm, I may do an out & back up to Georgia with you all.

·
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pics

Here are some pics from the trip. Awesome, epic ride.... 8000+ ft of climbing, almost 9000 ft of descending..... Computer is still chewing on the videos, so I'll post them as they become available.

Stay tuned....

·
Registered
660 Posts
Schweet! Thanks for the update on conditions up there. I was looking to get some good climbing in...looks like I'll be hitting Kenosha this weekend. I thought it (Georgia pass) would still be snow covered with the amount we got this year.
-jon
ps That first pic looks like it ended in the drink.

·
Registered
38 Posts
West Jefferson

Does anyone know if West Jefferson is still loaded with downed trees?

IMHO a superior descent to the out n back, but not if you have to dismount every few hundred yards.

Thanks!

·
bacon! bacon! bacon!
12,451 Posts
AugustWest said:
Does anyone know if West Jefferson is still loaded with downed trees?

IMHO a superior descent to the out n back, but not if you have to dismount every few hundred yards.

Thanks!
Intersting... I've always used W. Jeff as a superior ASCENT. Maybe I should just do it as an out and back. :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.