Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
HAL likes junior racing
13 Posts
Jefferson Creek

We rode it yesterday. Easily walkable small snow drifts and down trees for the first 15 minutes then pure joy. Our group of 8 all thought the hike through the snow was well worth while.

·
holding back the darkness
1,734 Posts
halsaves said:
We rode it yesterday. Easily walkable small snow drifts and down trees for the first 15 minutes then pure joy. Our group of 8 all thought the hike through the snow was well worth while.
So.. pardon my misunderstanding. Is this to mean that a Kenosha to Breck run is passable? Was thinking about doing that as a shuttle next week.

·
bacon! bacon! bacon!
12,453 Posts
subliminalshiver said:
So.. pardon my misunderstanding. Is this to mean that a Kenosha to Breck run is passable? Was thinking about doing that as a shuttle next week.
No - Jefferson Creek is the "alternate" route to/from GA Pass from Kenosha. It's not the part on the Breck side.

·
Registered
155 Posts
"Is this to mean that a Kenosha to Breck run is passable?"

i would guess that CT section before and after geogia pass is still fairly sloppy. i rode up south fork rd the other day and there were drifts/slop everywhere 1/4 mile below the pass. the terrain up there is very delicate and shady...i'd say at least a week.

here's a pic from south fork on sunday:

Attachments

·
Registered
890 Posts
I was thinking about this for Friday but no point tromping around in slush and mud. So now what....maybe something up near Keystone. I'd like to get a long ride in a bit higher up than BC.

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
BlueMountain said:
I was thinking about this for Friday but no point tromping around in slush and mud. So now what....maybe something up near Keystone. I'd like to get a long ride in a bit higher up than BC.
Lots of options the Breck- Keystone area, The CT is clear from the Middle Fork to the Peaks trail. You can ride the Firecracker Course (it should be easy to follow even if they're removed the markers) All the Soda creek trails are open. Most of the Golden Horseshoe is open. Peaks trail is open and so on. The only trails that aren't ready are the high altitude trails and a few of the north facing deep woods type lower stuff.

·
carpe mañana
7,308 Posts
If you ride up Peaks TR from Frisco, then Gold Hill/CT over to Keystone side, then loop something big there and come back, that would make for a nice long high altitude ride.

_MK

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I rode kenosha pass/ georgia pass to jefferson loop yesterday. Fallen trees once you start descending from the top is the worst part. About 15 minutes of single track with trees fallen every 30 seconds but after that its great. Barely any snow on the entire trail. There is a cornice that is still holding a bunch of snow that you have to hike maybe fifty feet and that is it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.