Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
on your left
108 Posts
bump on Kenosha - any word? I drove by the trail head earlier this week plenty of cars in the parking area and several riders were spotted?? I've got my "kitchen pass” for Sunday's Father's day and would like to take advantage with a ride up to Georgia pass.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Don't know Kenosha, but CT from Copper Mt, about 6.5 miles into it started having lots of snow piles I had to quit riding any further. Today. Also I met a hiker on his way to Durango on CT there (yeah hard core), and he said that CT over Kenosha (I can't remember the name of the pass at the moment) was full of snow, that he had to go along the stream. So, my guess is that you'll have a plenty of hike a bike over the snow if you try all the way up...

·
Rigid in Evergreen
1,538 Posts
There was another thread recently with some Kenosha updates and it didn't sound good. I did the Kenosha East out-n-back last weekend and it was completely snow-free, but it is only 6.5 miles each way. If you're looking for a big day, I'd turn left early and hit Buffalo Creek instead.

·
bacon! bacon! bacon!
12,451 Posts
topmounter said:
<snip> I did the Kenosha East out-n-back last weekend and it was completely snow-free, but it is only 6.5 miles each way. If you're looking for a big day, I'd keep riding the CT east from Kenosha all the way to Lost Park Campground.
FIXED! ;)

·
Chronic 1st-timer
2,432 Posts
SkaredShtles said:
topmounter said:
I did the Kenosha East out-n-back last weekend and it was completely snow-free, but it is only 6.5 miles each way. If you're looking for a big day, I'd keep riding the CT east from Kenosha all the way to Lost Park Campground.
FIXED! ;)
A very slight dusting of mud along the North Fork just before the campground, but 'tweren't no snow over yonder.

·
Rigid in Evergreen
1,538 Posts
SkaredShtles said:
I rode the CT to the Wilderness boundary, where do you turn to head towards the Lost Park Campground? The only place I can think of that makes sense would be before the creek crossing, but the only options I saw there looked like 4WD routes.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
topmounter said:
I rode the CT to the Wilderness boundary, where do you turn to head towards the Lost Park Campground? The only place I can think of that makes sense would be before the creek crossing, but the only options I saw there looked like 4WD routes.
When you get to the Rock Creek TH at mile 6, go right on the service road FS-133, then when you get to a 3-way at Lost Park(FSR 56), go left and take the road until you get to the Long Gulch TH where you'll get back on the CT, cross the creek and take the trail to the right(I took the trail left and got lost until I reached the top where it meets the CT, lucky for me). You'll climb switchbacks for about 2 miles until it opens up and you'll ride along the meadows for about 4 or so miles until you get to a bridge. At this point you'll wanna get off the CT and cross the bridge to the Brookside McCurdy trail and go almost 2 miles til you get to the Lost Park campground that's the turnaround point. 42 miles out and back.

·
Chronic 1st-timer
2,432 Posts
The sign at Long Gulch TH says NO to bikes, but as kosayno said, just go up a little bit & take your 1st right & you'll be back on the CT. (If you take a left, you'll be heading back into the Wilderness boundary you just skirted)
You're legal again from this point down to the North Fork TH, which is at the bridge mentioned. The signage at this end does let you know bikes are OK to the west.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.