Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
There's no app for this.
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yesterday K'Endo had one of those days... a birthday. His SO Natalie organized a ride on CBC, which was in good shape.

Ken rode conservatively as he had just recently tried to kill his handlebars with his ribs, or something like that. Old age, Ken...just old age.

There must have been 10 Knollys on the ride, no....11, as Noel also attended. Even the ladies were sporting them: Penny, Paula, Natalie and maybe more.

Good time had by all, no biffs, and a great feed later of steaks and corn on the cob.

Group shot and then a few others....

Jim

Attachments

·
Steel is real.
1,268 Posts
Nice!

That looks awesome man. Nothing better than a great day out on the bike.

Happy b-day K'Endo!

·
There's no app for this.
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
still on the Spec.

Stumpy, I had a *bit* of trouble keeping up with the Knollys, let me say. 29 lbs or so and 4.75" of air sprung boing ain't what the trail demands. I'm getting closer to a new ride, just need a few $000 more and I'm there. It kind of reminded me of the old days, when the bike under you was twitchy and fickle, and made each ride a bit of a gamble as to whether you'd stay uninjured or not.

Jim

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
radair said:
Happy birthday, Ken! was this one a "milestone"?

Good to see you are still pedaling even if you're not posting. Who has time for both, eh?
His data says 45. Can't even get a senior discount at Carls Jr.

·
A wheelist
5,991 Posts
pacman said:
His data says 45.
45? Pffftttt, that one hardly registers. The only ones that matter are those that gain ya something useful - ability to smoke, drink, have $ex, get into Barry Manilow concerts cheap, get pensions, free Depends, get letter from Queen, etcetera.

But anyway, belated HBD Ken!

·
Registered
419 Posts
But That leaves One Foote Out.

Ken Looks like you had a great B day. What a great group of friends to share it with. You deserve many more. Happy Birthday. See you in Sept or who know maybe sooner.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Just as we were rolling up to the CBC lot we saw this mottly crew hitting the road down to the trail.

Caught up to Natalie part way down to learn that it was Kenn's bday.

Glad you guys had a great ride.

·
amar la vida de dos niner
2,682 Posts
What an awesome way to celebrate!

And I would like to propose that:

Given that K'endo is younger than Scorpionwoman,
If Scorpionwoman is not old,
Then K'endo is not old.

:D

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
scorpionwoman said:
What an awesome way to celebrate!

And I would like to propose that:

Given that K'endo is younger than Scorpionwoman,
If Scorpionwoman is not old,
Then K'endo is not old.

:D
If Scorpionwoman were riding with me I'd get the usual question:
"Is this a father-daugther team?"
QED

·
wanna dance?
1,074 Posts
pacman said:
If Scorpionwoman were riding with me I'd get the usual question:
"Is this a father-daugther team?"
QED
Pacman, K'Endo, ScorpChica, and DeadlyNedly...

...give me hope.

Thanks, folks,

:)

·
Yummy
1,262 Posts
Hey all!!

Thanx fer the b'day posts! Yah, I've been a mtbr "hermit" lately, so much going on, eh. Anyway, birthday is done, I'm still alive and riding. Here's a pic from my trip to Kelowna last month:

Lately, I've been working on gap jumps. Pretty cool, feels so smooth when you hit 'em just right!

Kn.

PS: Pic stolen from Johnny Smoke (Bush Pilot Biking)

·
Keep The Rubber Side Down
1,685 Posts
Happy Birthday, K'endog!

Looks like it was yet another fun time in good ol' Vancouver. Great to see the entire gang together.

And as for your age; Age is nothing but a number! Granted, you're OLDER than me :D but you have been, are, and will always be a better rider than me:thumbsup: So don't let them bug ya!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Happy (belated) birthday Ken!

Funny, well not really funny, more like weird...I haven't been on MTBR for a zillion years and when I do have a look, I stumble onto this thread.

Good to see some familiar faces in the pictures.

Cheers!

Neil

ps. Jeez you're old!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts