Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kenda, X-Fusion and Titus Announce 2007 Mountain Bike Team

For Immediate Release: (Ann Arbor, MI January 26, 2007) Quick Release racing, Inc. is please to announce that Kenda, X-Fusion and Titus have combined to take over title sponsorship of the women’s mountain biking team formerly sponsored by Ford Motor Company. This team will compete at all of the National Mountain Bike Series of events, the Sea Otter Classic, the US MTB National Championships, Collegiate Nationals, and several Marathon and ultra-distance events in 2007 including La Ruta de lo Conquistadores.

“This Team is the culmination of many years of sponsoring women athletes,” said Jim Wannamaker, Marketing Director for Kenda USA. “Bringing several of the women athletes that Kenda has sponsored individually under one umbrella will really showcase the team aspect of this sport'. Alex Wheeler, US Marketing Manager for X-Fusion, had similar sentiments. “The team is a great addition to the broad support our company invests in US mountain bike competition.” Jeff Titone, marketing manager for Titus, noted that the team is the perfect showcase for their women’s geometry line of bicycles.

Melanie Meyers (Flagstaff, AZ) returns to the team for a second year. Melanie capped her first season in the elite ranks as the 3rd ranked U-23 rider in the country. She also took 2 podium places at Collegiate Nationals in XC and STXC. Joining the team for 2007 are 1st-year professional Sarah Barber (Boise, ID). Sarah had a breakout year in 2006, taking 11th in her first US National Cross Country at the elite level. Zephanie Blasi (Sparks, NV), who has competed in both endurance and gravity events, will focus on cross-country and super D events for 2007. Nipping at the edge of top 10 all last season, look for Zephanie to be a challenger at every stop in North America. Heather Holmes (Salt Lake City, UT) rode with the team as an expert in 2006. After a 2006 season where she captured the expert XC and STXC national titles, Heather is moving into the pro field and plans on establishing her place at the front of the ranks early on. Timari Prius (Minden, NV) completes the roster for 2007. With an emphasis on ultra-endurance and marathon events, she gives the team another venue to showcase the team talents.

In addition to competing, the women will be ambassadors for women’s cycling across the country. A focus on young athletes will continue with school and community programs aimed at getting more girls involved in sports and cycling by partnering with local advocacy and junior racing programs. Local Michigan athlete Wendy Caldwell will spearhead much of this effort throughout the season as she attends events around the region. This grass roots effort will culminate with a season ending school program in partnership with the Joan C. Banfield Foundation, based in Dexter, Michigan.

Title sponsor, Kenda USA, manufactures a premium line of bicycle tire products covering every facet of the sport. Presenting sponsor, X-Fusion Performance Suspension will showcase their new line of Velvet front forks and their well known O2 Series rear shocks. Titus, also a presenting sponsor, is producing women’s specific Racer-X full suspension and Eleven Exogrid hard tail frames. In addition to bicycles, MaxM Components will supply bars, stems and seat posts. DT Swiss will provide all the wheel products for the team, including their XR 1540 disk wheel sets. Crank Brothers will provide a full range of pedal products. Champion System will manufacture custom clothing for the team. Bell Sweep XC helmets will provide the lightest and most functional in head protection and Blackburn trainers will keep the athletes upright during warm-up and cool-down. Zeal Optics Airestream glasses offer great protection and great looks. Koobi saddles give us great support. Full Speed Ahead will provide headsets to keep us steering straight. Genuine Innovations will keep our tires inflated. PowerBar will supply a full line of nutrition products. Finally, Mighty Good Coffee will provide a continuous supply of freshly roasted coffee beans from around the world.

The team is owned and managed by Quick Release Racing, Inc., of Ann Arbor, Michigan. Quick Release is involved with a variety of cycling programs including the Ford- Detroit MTB Team, Orlando Velo, and Ann Arbor Velo. The partner company, Quick Release Event Promotions, promotes road and cyclocross racing in Michigan and its directors serve on the board of the Michigan Bicycle Racing Association.

·
Get out of town!
1,442 Posts
Yep, "This thread is worthless without pics.":drumroll:

Just kidding...sort of.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Bikerbob.com said:
So far this is all I could find. Ford Mt Bike teram has now become the Titus Kenda X-Fusion team
http://www.mbcx.com/teams/display.php?id=11

Anyone experienced the X-Fusion shocks front or rear? Might have to try one.

Talk about fron or rear, here's my own women's team. Titus-Bikerbob.com-Fredericks of Hollywood Women's Xterra. Still working with training wheels for one of the twins. I'm patient though. Don't mind putting in the time. It will pay off in the end, so to speak.

Mabel is still learning about U-turn. Whever she uses her right hand reaching down extend to the full 5" it goes up too quickly and startles her.
Might have to mount a Poploc remote on her oversize handlbars.

Looking into giving Doris a 20mm thru-axle. She likes a stiffer front end and tells me she really dislikes quick release. Doesn't want anything to fall out during rough parts of the ride. Especially when 2.5" of Stick-E rubber goes flat on her near the end. Then I have to go back and quickly pump her up so she can get back in the saddle and hammer it home.

I do what I can. With my help, they are getting much faster and more likely to finish. Just can't seem to finish alongside me yet.

I could go on all day with the bicycle double entendres. Don't encourage me.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.