Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Brackish
1,855 Posts
CanadianPreston said:
wire bead or folding bead?

which has stronger sidewalls, I'm guessing the wire bead?
I've only used the wire bead version, 2.5 DH is double ply and burly and the 2.3 version is single ply and a little thin. No problems yet with the 2.3s, but they roll a little at lower pressures. The 2.5 Nevie Tomacs are my gold standard for Whistler and the Shore.

·
N* Bomber Crew
4,271 Posts
I've run 2.5's both Folding and Steel Beads.

The Folding Beats flat basically every other second. The Steel Beads are pretty tough but I ran a pretty high air pressure to avoid pinch flatties.

Definitely get the Two Ply's and DH Tubes if you ride any DH at all.

·
Brackish
1,855 Posts
skatetokil said:
I really don't like the way these tires have to be run so hard to avoid flats. When things dry out here I think I'm gonna go back to maxxis.
I run my 2.5s 25-30 psi for everything except Whistler and for that I go to 35 psi, no problems and I weigh 235 with no gear. The 2.3s I run 30-35 psi depending on conditions. How low do you want to run them?

·
PULL
697 Posts
I ran the folding 2.5's for about a year in tubeless form. The bead couldn't handle a sharp rock garden in downieville this past weekend.... such a mess with stans in the tire. I ran these guys at 21.5 psi for as long as I can remember with zero problems.

I'm 205, 215 with gear, and I bought another fresh set of wire and folding to beat on. If you are in the rocks a lot use the wire bead.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.