Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was riding the Kenda Nevegals and have purchased the Kenda Slant 6. I haven't put them on the dirt yet but am nervous/anxious to try them out. I was hoping to hear some positive or negative feelings from people that ride in the following areas. Auburn, Salmon Falls, Rockville, Annadale, Bullards Bar, to name a few. I occasionally go to Tahoe or Downieville but honestly not nearly as much as those other places. From what the guy at the LBS said it won't do too well in Tahoe. Let me know your thoughts on my general area and or Tahoe.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've been running the 2.35" Slant 6 in the front for about three weeks now. So far I give it two thumbs up. I have not had it break loose in dry conditions. It's very smooth in the transitions and very fast overall. I could probably push it even harder in the turns but I'm still getting used to it after previously riding a Specialized S-Works Eskar up front. I've ridden Auburn, Salmon Falls, Granite Bay, and China Camp at with it pumped to 35 pounds and so far, no issues.

Not sure how it will hold up in wet conditions yet.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm taking the bike to Rockville today and hopefully Auburn on Friday. We'll see. I'm nervous/anxious to try them out. I'm sure it's the same thing most people feel as they try this pattern from the big knobbies. Either way as I said to a buddy earlier....I guess I'll find out real quick if they hold a line the way I'm used to. LOL

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So yesterday it performed pretty good. There were only a few times it broke loose on braking but honestly I think I was just being hyper sensitive. I'm pretty sure my other tires would have done the same. So far I'm impressed. I was planning on getting to Auburn on Friday, but it looks like that stupid thing called work is interfering with my mt. biking. So next week I'll give them the test up there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.