Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody done this? I've tried everything I know for two or three days now and can't get the bead completely sealed. Won't hold more than half a day at most. Set up is ghetto tubeless with Stans. I've got a regular Nevegal set up tubeless on the front in 650B size. Rear is the one giving me hell and its 26". I had a UST on there but cut it up beyond repair. Might just end up buying another UST or perhaps going a different route. Looking for a tire in the 2.25-2.35 range for desert/rocky riding such as AZ and Moab. Suggestions on getting the Nev to seal or perhaps on a new tire?

·
Registered
249 Posts
worked for me

I set this tire up with stans rim strips on mavic 717 rims. tire size 2.35" . Ran it til the tire was wore out. never had a problem . slow leak at 1st, but kept swishing and laying sideways in a bucket for a day or so. maybe your ghetto to not set up right?

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could be. I found an older thread where a lot of people were having problems with this tire. Some said after a few days they finally got it to hold. I'm just going to keep pumping it up and trying. I feel like it is improving some. Might possibly be a leak at the valve. I've set up tons of tires with ghetto so I know its not the method itself. I could possibly be this particular tube has a tiny hole somewhere around the valve.

·
SPECIALizED
502 Posts
If you're running it in desert/rocky terrain I'd stay with UST. Regular Nevegals have a paper thin side wall and will tear if you even get near a sharp rock.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its finally holding firm after 5 days of pumping it up every half day or so. Put 40 miles on it yesterday with no problems. I agree about the UST version for rocky areas. Only place I usually run them. I got this tire for $29 bucks though and it held up through some rough sections yesterday.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts