Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like Kenda isn't well represented in this market, at least not like Maxxis and Schwalbe. I would like to try their tires, but am having trouble finding anything.

I ran Racing Ralph (2.25) on the front and Aspens on the rear last season. I would like something a bit thinner on the front and something with a bit more sidewall protection on the rear. I also don't want to add a ton of weight in doing this and I run tubeless with Stan's Crest.

Any recommendations, particularly from Kenda. I ride a 29er.

·
Former Bike Wrench
15,976 Posts
DavidR1 said:
How does the Karma compare to the SB8 and Nevegal? More or less aggressive and how is the sidewall?
I've never owned the SB8's but have owned Bontrager XDX which are similar (but less knobs) to the SB8. Rolls very fast but limited to mostly hardpack to medium conditions. The Nevegal is a BIG aggressive tire (it actually measures 2.39" in the 29er variety) that grips like talons but also has a lot of rolling resistance. The Karma delivers more versatile performance while still keeping the weight and rolling resistance down.

Sidewalls are average...not thicker like a tubeless ready tire but not thin like a uber weight weenie tire.

·
transmitter~receiver
9,334 Posts
A lot of folks around here use the SB8.
I've seen people use them successfully in a wide range of conditions, but that doesn't mean much, and doesn't mean they wouldn't have done much better on a more conditions-suited tire. The SB8 makes the XDX look like a moto tire, IMO.
The Slant6 is a very promising looking option, but I haven't put my hands on a pair.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your help guys. I'm thinking of running a Karma on the front with a SB8 in the rear till the Slant Six is available.

Might switch to the S6 on the front with either the SB8 or Karma on the rear, depending on condition.

·
Registered
114 Posts
another option depending on how much tire volume you need is a pair of Blue Groove Lites

note the lite part as the regular blue groove is a big, burling, slow rolling tire like the nevegal.

another fast rolling tire best suited to rear wheel use from kenda is the kozmik lite - good volume for a 2.0 tire and works well in typical florida trail conditions at least.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
GbrNole said:
another option depending on how much tire volume you need is a pair of Blue Groove Lites

note the lite part as the regular blue groove is a big, burling, slow rolling tire like the nevegal.

another fast rolling tire best suited to rear wheel use from kenda is the kozmik lite - good volume for a 2.0 tire and works well in typical florida trail conditions at least.
Note the "I ride a 29er."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.