Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Pork Chop Express said:
Anyone know when the course map will be available? I know it is going to use part of the burn loop and the downhill course, but don't know the exacto course.
I'm planning to corner our graphic designer next week to develop a course map to post. In the meantime I'll try to describe the course.

If you are familar with the downhill start then the SD start will be about 3/8 of a mile back up the fire road from it. From the dh start take the fire road as if you are riding the Burn loop backwards. Travel up the fire road and hang a left when the fire road splits. Follow the fire road around it will start to go up a hill. At the top of the hill is where we'll start the SD.

The SD will start and follow the reverse of the path describe above until it hits the DH start. From there we will have a new entry section cut in so you can enter the top section of the DH course smoothly. Take the DH course all the way to the big rock garden. Instead of hanging a left to go down the rock garden you will skate across the rim of the garden, following it to the right as with the Burn loop. Next you will go through a couple of draws and then to the left there will be a new gravity cavity section. The cavity will spit you back onto the Burn loop and from there you will just follow it out to the open field at the bottom. Once on the field we will run you down the track a little ways to the finish.

Let me know if you came come up one weekend and I can show you route.

Later
Matt

·
Registered
776 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
4000psi said:
I looked at the map you provided (thank you very much), And didn't know if you could expand on the course alittle more for "us out of town folk." I would hate to show up "green" and smoke everybody!
No problem, well there's definitely quite a bit of pedally since its super d but only a couple of slight uphills. It starts off somewhat flat on a fire road. The fire road drops downhill and then back to flat...maybe a very little uphill slope but almost flat. You pedal your butt off for about 60 yards and then come to an option. One you can hit a rock jump that is smooth as butter or you can slow down and hit a log pile or alternate way which will be slower. You're still on the fire road and once you land you pedal again for another 30 yards before hitting the first uphill. The uphill isn't real steep but steep enough so that you'll feel it. After topping the hill you'll go a little way and then hit the top section of the downhill course. The first thing you come to is a small log drop..only about a 14 inches high (it has away around as well) and then go through a very very small rock garden into a tight turn. You power out of the turn and hammer into a triple and then go a little way and hit a double (both can be rolled). After this you rocket back onto a single track section. Following the single track you hit two more jumps (both can be rolled) and then ride around the rim of the dh rock garden but you don't go through it. You stay to the right and continue to follow the single track. This takes you into the next uphill section which is short but you'll definitely be standing in order to get up it with any type of speed. You then go through a couple of draws and then hit up a small gravity cavity. After the cavity you continue on the single track for 100 yards or so. You'll come to a huge natural berm turn. After the berm you go a little ways and hit a small table top followed by a larger table top. After the table you're back on the single track for a short distance and hit a step down jump (can be rolled) into a berm turn and then pedal hard for another jump (rollable again). After that you hammer it on home.

Everything can be rolled on this course. Also there isn't a big drop in elevation...you work with what you got! The good thing about not being a big hill is that it's not to bad to get back to the top. The course is extremely fun and the ideal bike would be a all mountain of course a hardtail would rock as well and dh bike would be do-able.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
776 Posts
Thanks for the info on the course. It sounds like fun. I'm trying to get a group from Greenville SC to come and join in on the fun. I was joking about coming down and "smoking" everybody. I'm actually old, and out of my mind.

·
Registered
548 Posts
shopvet said:
ie is this a 5-8 minute "Super D," or a 4-5 minute DH run with some pedaling sections?

Thanks!
Fred, from what Guard has told me it is more of a true Super D not just a DH course. Parts of the old DH run will be in it.

Just as a reminder we will be having 2 Super D races in March and April down here at Paris Mt. in Greenville. I should have more worked out by mid next week to finelize things. With Guard's races and my 2 we will have a great start to the 07 race season.

Can't wait....

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
4000psi said:
Thanks for the info on the course. It sounds like fun. I'm trying to get a group from Greenville SC to come and join in on the fun. I was joking about coming down and "smoking" everybody. I'm actually old, and out of my mind.
Any more info on getting a group together? Sounds like a good time.
Lou

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This is definitely more Super D...though our DH course is fun its not truly DH. The DH course features lend itself more to mtn cross than DH. The main thing we try to shot for is fun and the course is that! Hope you can make it!

·
Registered
776 Posts
upstateSC-rider said:
Any more info on getting a group together? Sounds like a good time.
Lou
Not really. I'm kinda lazy and don't plan anything more than an hour beforehand usually. I guess I can change my ways. I'll start now. Does anybody from Gville want ot get up and go to this "gathering" and represent? I got a big truck and can fit some people in it. Darn, I feel like a new man already. I think I'm going to plan my retirement portfolio now. See ya!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.