Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
xjbebop said:
Has anyone tried these? I haven't been able to find much info on them.
thnx!
I'm running the 2.4 in front on my 5"/5" Saber and really like it. Its like an over-inflated Panaracer Fire XC Pro with more knobs, but similar size knobs. The Fire 2.4 has these knobs that are way over-sized. Its great in all kinds of conditions from hardpack to sand- I mostly ride granite, foresty loam, and decomposed granite though. It works well in the skatepark and dirt jumps too.

G

·
hmmmm..

i asked the kenda guys at the 24hr race about them and they said they might be available next year. i put the 2.4's on my bike and love them.

where did you purchase 2.2 Cortez?

·
Time flies...
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've heard that the Cortez is sketchy on anything loose or wet ...????
I'm in SoCal, so it's not wet very often, but we've got sand and DG.

I'm looking for something that grips like my 2.35 Nevegals DTC but rolls faster.
Gotta be light too.

·
Registered
50 Posts
mechmann_mtb said:
hmmmm..

i asked the kenda guys at the 24hr race about them and they said they might be available next year. i put the 2.4's on my bike and love them.

where did you purchase 2.2 Cortez?
I got them from Larry @ MTN High Cyclery.
Xjbebop, they have the traction of the 2.35 Nev and roll faster. I'm also in Socal and these tires work good our hardpack and loose stuff.

·
Time flies...
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shiggy the tire junkie recommends the nevegal 2.1, got one vote for the cortez, and I see that Kenda's got a new one coming out that looks like a Larsen TT (I think...?) w/ lots of small knobs...
Looks like I'll be testing some different tires early next year. Maybe I'll post my own test report, without any charts or data, of course. :p

·
Registered
11,785 Posts
Its the Kharma DTC 2.2

[But yes its the same thing as the cortez. They roll real fast. and grip is average with the low tread blocks and spacing. Riding as a rear tire they do break loose easily climbing and braking. As a front tire they work ..but suffer the same things they do as a rear tire. I found they worked best in dry loamy soil..aka perfect and on hardpack. In the wet, loose or loose over hardpack they are sketchy.

I agree with the 2.1 nev. In fact the nev is what replaced the 2.2 kharma up front on the spare bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.