Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
I've run both the 2.4 and 2.2, the 2.4 has seen duty out back and in front, the 2.2 was only run out back. The 2.4 is a large volume tire, larger than the Nevegal 2.5, and does a nice job dampening trail/road vibrations. The tread pattern on the two is almost identical, the only difference I recall is wider knob spacing on the 2.2.

The Cortez does roll much smoother and faster than the Nevegal, which has become my mainstay, but as I expected the braking and cornering traction suffered. Climbing traction was almost as good as the Nevegal.

It reminds me of a dual purpose tire in that it rolls quick on the road and the dirt, for a knobby, but does not excel on either surface. Don't get me wrong, it is a true off road tire, but when things get sloppy I look elsewhere in my tire inventory.

·
Registered
158 Posts
xjbebop said:
Has anyone tried these? I've found a bit of info on the 2.4's, but am interested in the 2.2's.
thnx!
I've used the 2.4 - good hardpack front tire and the large volume allows you to run a little lower pressures for a smooth ride - low rolling resistance - not good on loose soil or mud

·
Registered
11,783 Posts
Kenda Khrama/Cortez 2.2

xjbebop said:
Has anyone tried these? I've found a bit of info on the 2.4's, but am interested in the 2.2's.
thnx!
have run one of these for a while in back paired with a 2.35B/Nev up front. I liked it alot. The grip was good but not great and it had a pretty exceptional threshold on letting go under braking. IMO it worked best in firm loamy stuff and hardpack but in loose and loose over hardpack it was OK.

·
Time flies...
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I've got Nevegals (2.35 dtc) on my spot. The grip is awesome, but they feel slow accelerating, like their 'claws' don't want to let go of the dirt. I'd like to find something that grips as well but rolls faster for my upcoming flux. I don't like to go less than a 2.35, but might consider down to a 2.1. Does the 2.1 Nevegal roll any different?
It sounds like the Cortez gets sketchy in anything loose or wet. Would the Blue Groove fit the bill??

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
xjbebop said:
Thanks. I've got Nevegals (2.35 dtc) on my spot. The grip is awesome, but they feel slow accelerating, like their 'claws' don't want to let go of the dirt. I'd like to find something that grips as well but rolls faster for my upcoming flux. I don't like to go less than a 2.35, but might consider down to a 2.1. Does the 2.1 Nevegal roll any different?
It sounds like the Cortez gets sketchy in anything loose or wet. Would the Blue Groove fit the bill??
I run 2.5 Nev front, and 2.1 Nev rear.

I notice a major increase in rolling resistance going from the 2.1 to the 2.35 in the rear.

·
Time flies...
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cool.... I wouldn't mind 'sticking' with the nevegals. I really like the traction! I just want the flux to feel as quick as possible.
thnx!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.