Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Lazy People Suck
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much bigger is the Kenda Blue Groove and Nevegal in the 2.1 version versus the 2.0 version? There is a fairly substantial difference in the weight and being the weight weenie that I am, I am trying to figure out if there is any substantial size or traction advantage with the 2.1 version vs the 2.0. Is there any other reason to choose the 2.1 over the 2.0?

·
Chillin the Most
4,025 Posts
Fett said:
How much bigger is the Kenda Blue Groove and Nevegal in the 2.1 version versus the 2.0 version? There is a fairly substantial difference in the weight and being the weight weenie that I am, I am trying to figure out if there is any substantial size or traction advantage with the 2.1 version vs the 2.0. Is there any other reason to choose the 2.1 over the 2.0?
The size isn't that much of a difference, but the knobs are allot smaller on the 2.0. Also the 2.1 uses stick-e rubber as opposed to the 2.0 DTC(dual tread compound) of L3R Pro/Stick-E. The combination of slightly smaller casing, smaller knobs and DTC is what makes the tire a 100grams lighter. If you race go with the 2.0 for race day and use the 2.1 when not. Or if you don't race go with the 2.1.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.