Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering using this as an everyday tire for NW conditions in winter, spring, and fall mostly. I don't typically do alot of mud riding, but non the less, it's hard to avoid here. I live in a high rise apt building, and would like something that either sheds mud quite well or is easy to clean mud off of.

·
Chillin the Most
4,025 Posts
IMO having used, though not in mud, the BG 2.1 I'd say probably pretty well. Based off the knob spacing and low height it should clog too bad and should clean pretty easy if it does clog at all. I "heard" from others that they do pretty well. I know for So.Cal conditions it's a sweet tire.

·
Super Moderator
48,237 Posts
Gnarlygig said:
I'm considering using this as an everyday tire for NW conditions in winter, spring, and fall mostly. I don't typically do alot of mud riding, but non the less, it's hard to avoid here. I live in a high rise apt building, and would like something that either sheds mud quite well or is easy to clean mud off of.

Based on the 2.35 & 2.50 BV and the 2.10 Nevegal they are OK at not packing up on the trail. Full-on mudders are better.

If your main concern is how easy they are to wash off after a ride they are easy to clean up.

·
not so super...
11,465 Posts
Blue Groove rider...

Gnarlygig said:
I have found the Blue Groove to be quite sketchy in muddy conditions. My 2.5 & 2.35 pack up and don't let go of the mud, but the soil here in GA is very tacky and mostly red clay. In moist to hardpack conditions they are very confidence inspiring and have give great braking performance. They do clean very easily.

·
Do It Yourself
5,720 Posts
SSINGA said:
My 2.5 & 2.35 pack up and don't let go of the mud, but the soil here in GA is very tacky and mostly red clay.
They have yet to invent the tire that works well in wet red clay.

·
not so super...
11,465 Posts
Homebrew said:
They have yet to invent the tire that works well in wet red clay.
The Maxxis Swampthing w/ the DH casing has been the best I've tried so far.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts