Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So seems some d-bag from the Ken Caryl bike patrol recently joined strava and posted a warning to a ride I did in the private trail system. I was a guest of a resident. Anyway, I've been "added to their database" and they threatened to contact the "authorities" if I can continue to break the rules. I guess said d-bag figures if no resident posted the same ride that I clearly wasn't with anyone. Morons.

Anyone else get a nasty-gram in their comments?

·
Registered
209 Posts
yep!!! initials CS? I've blocked him on Strava. hes a retired d00sh8ag that has nothing to do but chase around ppl he thinks aren't allowed to be there. total bluff, no way would the authorities ever chase around some doo-gooder's "tip" from the interzweb. I Messaged him before blocking letting him know I've been a resident of KC since 79 and to keep his stalking and whining to himself. too bad he's actually a good rider or I'd chase him down and kick him in the cojones.

·
F/K/A warmachine15
16 Posts
I've always wondered if anyone has ever been stopped out there and asked to prove residency...or down on the Highlands Ranch trails.

·
Registered
729 Posts
The hand full of times I've ridden Ken Caryl no one has stopped us. I was riding with a resident and he has told me if I ever wanna ride solo just tell em I live at his house. I don't like the trails enough to ride em solo. If the trails there are dry all the Morrison trails are also.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but residents get a permit that is supposed to be hung from their bike, or on their person to prove residency.

They do patrol- but likely only on high-traffic days.

You *can* be cited for trespassing if you're not with a resident- don't ride if you're not either 1) a resident 2) a guest.

I believe residents are limited to 4 or 5 guests at a time.

I don't argue against their patrolling or the private nature of the trails- I do object to the bullshit d-bag trolling on strava and making idle threats about databases and contacting authorities.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but residents get a permit that is supposed to be hung from their bike, or on their person to prove residency.

You *can* be cited for trespassing if you're not with a resident- don't ride if you're not either 1) a resident 2) a guest.
I heard Boulder County is doing this too beginning this summer.

·
Bollocks
869 Posts
I've always wondered if anyone has ever been stopped out there and asked to prove residency...or down on the Highlands Ranch trails.
I've been stopped numerous times in HR and asked for my "credentials"... the one time I'd forgotten my wallet, they wrote down my name and address [which I could have easily lied about I guess] and promised to check them out and mail a citation of some kind to the house if they didn't match up! It shook me up so badly I won't leave home without my passport, birth certificate, Highlands Ranch ID, drivers license and King Soopers card... :skep:

·
Oh, So Interesting!
5,906 Posts
This thread makes me want to go ride KC trails and be a huge a$$ if anyone tries to stop me... I honestly can't believe folks are ok with showing some random dude their "credentials". Unless it's a police officer and I am under arrest, you can go suck a d$#k... I'm not stopping. :)

Of course, there are better trails and I have better things to do with my time...

·
Team Velveeta™
3,079 Posts
What? Stopping people who aren't from Boulder County and are riding their trails? This would make me never go to Boulder County again...
Hmm, I was thinking maybe there was a wiff of sarcasm in jugdish's post?

But I don't know; those Boulder peeps can be starbelly sneetches sometimes.

·
Rocks belong
5,371 Posts
I've been stopped numerous times in HR and asked for my "credentials"... the one time I'd forgotten my wallet, they wrote down my name and address [which I could have easily lied about I guess]
Do you know how easy it would be to find a name and address of someone who lives in HR/KC?

Do you have your wallet?
No sir.
Credentials?
Mr. So and So... I live at X address.

Be like back in the day where you had to memorize the credentials of your fake ID :)

·
Living the High Life
4,542 Posts
This thread makes me want to go ride KC trails and be a huge a$$ if anyone tries to stop me... I honestly can't believe folks are ok with showing some random dude their "credentials".
Ken Caryl is private property owned by the HOA there. So they can kick you out if you don't live there.

I've rode there several times with a guy I used to work with. I enjoyed the trails.

·
Registered
922 Posts

They do patrol- but likely only on high-traffic days.

I believe residents are limited to 4 or 5 guests at a time.....
Pretty much all correct. KC does have a dedicated Ranger Staff. The staff along with members of the KC Trail Club maintain the trail network within Ken Caryl. The Rangers patrol on random days and I have been stopped a number of times in the 4+ yrs I have lived here to prove residency.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Pretty much all correct. KC does have a dedicated Ranger Staff. The staff along with members of the KC Trail Club maintain the trail network within Ken Caryl. The Rangers patrol on random days and I have been stopped a number of times in the 4+ yrs I have lived here to prove residency.
But what power do the rangers have to detain you? If you really want to ride off will they physically restrain you, or call the sheriff to report a trespasser, and hope the sheriff can respond in time to catch you?

Just wondering..

·
Registered
922 Posts
But what power do the rangers have to detain you? If you really want to ride off will they physically restrain you, or call the sheriff to report a trespasser, and hope the sheriff can respond in time to catch you?

Just wondering..
Sorry I don't have that level of detail on their protocol in that situation. In speaking with members of the staff I have never asked.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.