Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Dirtmistress
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done Ken Burton lately? What kind of shape is it in?
I sure miss that and the Gab trail. It's been forever since I did them.

·
Over the Hill
1,769 Posts
KB, needs brushing, after CORBA finished Zion it was next on their list.

People are riding Redbox to JPL again. I have not done it yet but know many that have. They tell me lots of stream crossings.

Off CORBA's site:

Date: February 17
Place: Ken Burton Trail
Time: 7:45 am - 3:00 pm
Directions: We will meet at Millard Canyon Campground Check Back for directions

What: We will continue our work on the Burton Trail in the Angeles National Forest near Brown Mountain. Last September we made cleared the top 1 1/4 miles of trail and it is looking really nice now. We have one mile to go and the trail will be complete. We hope to finish it in one day. The remaining section of trail just needs some minor brushing and tread work. There is no Poison Oak on the lower section of the trail until you get to the bottom of the trail. If you are very sensitive to the Oak you can stay away from the bottom section. We will carpool up the Brown Mountain Road 6.5 miles to the top where the Burton trail is located. Another option is to ride your bike to the top and meet us there. We could use a few trucks or SUV's to shuttle everyone to the top. If you have a vehicle we can use that would be great. Send Hans an e mail to let him know at [email protected] Once at the trailhead we will hike down the trail 1 1/4 mile to where we will start the trail work.

·
559 Posts
Rode it a couple of weeks ago on my 'cross bike and am planning on doing it again on Friday morning before work. The improvents at the top part were definitely noticable but the whole trail is ridable fun.

If I'm in town, I'll meet up top on the 17th and help out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.