Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an older bike that came with 3x9 deore. It's now 1x9 which is fine for what it's used for, however both of the 9sp shifters I have are not "catching" going up the derailleur. I've tried cleaning one out and putting some fresh grease in with limited success.

I really just want to keep it shifting well with minimal outlay. Unfortunately I'm really struggling to find a 9sp shifter of deore-like build quality and it seems like I've got to accept something like an Alivio shifter, and ebay prices are AU$40. Is there anything better that I'm missing? It seems everything 9sp I've got lying around keeps on working perfectly except for shifters.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unless just the shifter is avail and compatible with existing Shimano derailleurs, I don't see it being for me. I can see Shimano 10sp groupsets (shifter/der/cassette/chain) for < AU$200 which would make more sense for me at those price points.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.