Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Towlie for prez
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CBrossman and myself headed up the gulch for a midwinter singletrack session.And despite CB's best efforts,no one was hurt(the boy cant hold a line to save his life :p )
It was a great ride...snowy singletrack,sunshine and good friends :thumbsup:
And a perfect post ride recovery burrito and cerveza's ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Damn, I've got to grow a pair and get up there. I did road today and was scared zitless within 10-ft of a patch of ice.

But I'll trade my black and bleu burger at Falconbergs over that burrito anyday. ;-)

·
Registered
340 Posts
cbrossman said:
Nice, how far up Slime did you get? anything else packed down in Test Tracks?
We probably got about 2/3 of the way up. It gets real narrow after the bridge. Most of TT is packed. Even Hidden Valley was fully rideable. Tons of fun.

And about half of Sailing Hawks was rideable yesterday. We had to push a lot of the furthest west portion of the loop.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
The Avenger said:
We probably got about 2/3 of the way up. It gets real narrow after the bridge. Most of TT is packed. Even Hidden Valley was fully rideable. Tons of fun.
Excellent!
ShoulderFU, I think I'm in for tomorrow as long as there is not too much new snow.

·
Registered
344 Posts
zen said:
Where else do you guys ride this time of year? Is Phils, Sand Canyon, Alien, or anything else dry and rideable? I don't really want to invest in studs.
I've got studs, but they're not the weapon of choice for packed and semi-packed snow. They're great on rock hard icy stuff, but they're super heavy and don't add much (if anything) on snow. Just ride the widest tires you've got, and run the pressure low.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
zen said:
Where else do you guys ride this time of year? Is Phils, Sand Canyon, Alien, or anything else dry and rideable? I don't really want to invest in studs.
We did a little over an hour yesterday in Test Tracks. As JC says, we just use regular (albeit 2.3 to 2.4) tires that we run all year long, no need for studs.
Kokopelli would have info on Phils, I suspect it would be muddy.
Sand Canyon should be great, but that makes for a long day from Durango, time constraints are keeping me local, and I like riding the snow.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.