Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently riding a 98ish Giant atx760. Full rigid. I have always ridden on the road but I have recently started riding some fairly serious offroad trail systems. I obviously am realising a serious need for at least some front suspension. I love to bike but I am mainly using biking as training for another sport I am involved in. My other hobby leaves me with some spending restrisctions. All the local riders are telling me to buy a bike rather than replace front forks and stem with a suspension setup. here is my dilemma. I really dont want to spend more than 400-600. Maybe I am missing something but the 500 dollar range models I have been looking at really didnt appear to be an upgrade over what I have other than the front shock? like i said maybe i am missing something. my bike is equipped with shimano exage component group and I have had zero transmission issues. Everything else on the bike seems to be holding up well too(even with the beating its taking from lack of suspension). It is a chromoly frameset so its obviously heavier than its aluminum counterparts but i really dont see that as an issue being that I am only riding for fun and exercise. Any advice? thanks. Matt

1 - 1 of 1 Posts