Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all, I'm in need of some advice,

I've recently purchased a Mazrocchi All Mountain 1. Great fork, it feels great from my limited experince and I like the adjustability. I always ride the AM1 at 130mm, but it's too tall for me and my liking. So, I've been thinking or replacing with a Fox Vanilla or a Pike Air.

Would this be a wise decision or should I give the AM1 more time. What sort of difference in A-C are we talking about for the Vanilla and Pike?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Pike Air is about the same height as the AM with 130mm.

Vanilla should be quite a bit smaller A-C.

I recommend NOT selling the AM! Its a fantastic fork. I just swapped my Pike(coil though) for a NEW Z1 FR1 05. And I love the Marzocchi.

Greetings Znarf

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Ride it some more

I'd ride it a bit more and see if you can overcome the issue of the fork being too tall. It might just be an issue of getting used to it. If after a few more rides it still doesn't feel right, you have every right to just send me your old AM 1 and buy yourself a new fork. :D

Seriously, it's a very good fork and hopefully you'll get used to it. If the thing ends up just being too tall, you don't have much choice other than to put something else on the bike.

Bob

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
You won't get the AC height.....

much lower on a 130mm. The Fox is a bit lower, but most 130mm travel forks are going to be within a few mm of your current ride height. The olnly way to lower that front end, as you have already figured, is a new fork with shorter travel. The Zocch is a great fork, so I would say hang on to it for a while longer and see if you can get used to it. You don't really say what bike you have it on so I don't really have a clue if you can. Usually if your only talking an inch or so more travel than was originally on the bike you should be able to get used to it. Of course that depends on you of course. I've dealt with people that couldn't get used to a mear 20mm difference. I would recommend that you ride it a little more extensively before you decide though.

Good Dirt

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's on a Foes FXR. Fox DHX 5.0 in the rear. Based on everyone elses opinions i'll keep it there for a while. Thanks for the reply's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts