Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
who's got my bag of gold?
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently my 2000 Z1 CR is at 110mm, and I can't decide whether I should upgrade it to 130mm, or just buy a new fork. Something along the lines of a newer Z1 or maybe a RS Pike (not too interested in SPV). I like the way my fork feels right now but want a bit more travel.

Is upgrading a 4 year old fork a waste of money?

Thanks for the feedback...

·
Registered
287 Posts
Upgrade that sucka!

judas said:
Currently my 2000 Z1 CR is at 110mm, and I can't decide whether I should upgrade it to 130mm, or just buy a new fork. Something along the lines of a newer Z1 or maybe a RS Pike (not too interested in SPV). I like the way my fork feels right now but want a bit more travel.

Is upgrading a 4 year old fork a waste of money?

Thanks for the feedback...
I have one on my "XC" bike that is upgraded. This fork has NEVER given me a problem in 4 years. Plush never goes out of style, and this fork is pluuuush. Unless you want the SPV thing, stay with what works. Make sure you get the top out springs as well as the main springs. Both need to be changed. Later.

·
who's got my bag of gold?
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies guys....I'm gonna keep her. For some reason I just realized I could upgrade to 130mm a few weeks ago when I was looking at Marzocchi's website for oil level info. That's when the wheels started turning :D I'll be calling my LBS for the springs this week!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.