Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ran across this and figured it would probably start a huge argument and I'm bored so.....

Thoughts?

·
Big Gulps, Alright!
3,223 Posts
Maybe I can say this without sounding like a dick...

If there were hundreds of guys out there riding it, then the trail would be widened and I might worry. But one guy really isn't going to affect it.

The bigger issue is the folks on two wheels you can't hold a line and don't know how to brake, widening the trail and leaving big braking bumps through berms on trails like Joe's and Zippety.

·
bacon! bacon! bacon!
12,440 Posts
The trails always seem to widen as the season rolls along... then come late winter/early spring things are nice and tight again as the vegetation recovers...

Is permanent widening occurring? That would be a shame...

·
2006 Yeti AS-X
3,217 Posts
zrm said:
It's been a year or so since I've done 18rd. Man, has that trail widened.
I could see sections on Chutes and Ladders where there were trails side by side within inches of each other. Not sure if they were reroutes or folks just rode multiple lines down the same path.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Huge props to the guy on the Trike.

Doubt he is the reason the trails are widening. Probably due to the fact that everyone in the World that has a mtn bike has riden there. Pretty soon everything on 18 road will look like Marys loop. HAHAHA

·
2006 Yeti AS-X
3,217 Posts
I plan to ride Fruita as much as my time and money permits. I really love the area out there.

·
2006 Yeti AS-X
3,217 Posts
Crudcake said:
Hey Lawson, do you usually drive out there or fly? If you drive, how long is the trip?

Crud
We drove out there from KC and it took around 15 - 16 hours. Going across Kansas was boring as heck but once you get to Denver, the miles goes by quickly as you are so busy just awestruck by the scenery that you don't even notice the time.

I'll be back out with my friend on Labor Day weekend but only have 4 days to do it so basically we are going to leave after work and drive as far as we can before both of us get tired. Crash out at a rest stop somewhere and then haul the rest of the way. Ride one full day and most the next and start heading back after the ride.

I want to stop in Denver to eat at the Buckhorn Exchange and try some rattlesnake and elk.

·
bacon! bacon! bacon!
12,440 Posts
Lawson Raider said:
<snip>

I want to stop in Denver to eat at the Buckhorn Exchange and try some rattlesnake and elk.
Do yourself a favor and stop at The Fort instead and get yourself some of the bison. Holy $hit is it good.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Thanks. I was thinking about a flame run out there, but I'm leaning more towards Syllamo the second week of September. Never been to the Fruita area. BTW - I'm in Kansas, an hour or so west of you.

Crud

1 - 20 of 20 Posts