Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been through two XLTs, 2003 and 2004, in the last six months. They keep getting replaced by my dealer and I keep rolling. I won't say these bikes are not made well. Jamis is easy to talk to and they help. But the bearings just keep going or its a build error. I think this frame is a solid build but not made to do the two and three and four...foot drops that comes with every ride x1/week, every week. My dealer thinks I am an alien.

What is considered a good trail bike, solid, reliable, quick?

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Tall said:
I have been through two XLTs, 2003 and 2004, in the last six months. They keep getting replaced by my dealer and I keep rolling. I won't say these bikes are not made well. Jamis is easy to talk to and they help. But the bearings just keep going or its a build error. I think this frame is a solid build but not made to do the two and three and four...foot drops that comes with every ride x1/week, every week. My dealer thinks I am an alien.

What is considered a good trail bike, solid, reliable, quick?
The bearings in the seat-stay pivot are marked as 696Z from NSK. A super-high quality (industrial) replacement bearing from a local bearing supply house runs $10.50, probably last a lot longer that the ones installed in your bikes.

As for a replacement, there are many options. Find one with great customer service.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.