Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so i am ready to pull the trigger on a new cranks set, and my choices come to this:

1- kcnc k2 xc2 double crankset 42/29 175mm
weight: 674grs.
$405.00

OR

2- extralite e bones 175mm with gara chainrings 42/28
weight: 585grs. (aprox. with kcnc male chainring bolts)
$642.00 (already have the kcnc chainring bolts)

what do you guys think?? pics of them will be good :):thumbsup:

·
"They Call Me Bone'z"
1,609 Posts

there is two shots i have of my extralite setup.
coming in at 578g. i know some people have said there flexy but im a feather at 135lbs and they feel stiff to me.
i like the look of extralite way way more but its $238.00 to save 100g

·
Registered
27 Posts
I would choose KCNC. My friend had E-bones last year and he had a lot of problems with it only after a half of the season. The only positive thing is their customer servis which is probably the best in europe I know. Last year he switched to XTR and says it is much better and also stiffer and he himself weights just around 65kg. I am using KCNC second year now and still happy with them. The only bad thing is a difficult instalation.

Attachments

·
Registered
592 Posts
This is in regard to what Zigo said. I have the XTR M970 crankarms mounted to a single speed 34T Rotor Q Ring and I love it. 2 seasons and still no problems at all.

There are other crankarms out there that have more of a "bling" factor but when it comes to function you can't go wrong with the Shimano's. If I were to pick though I would get the Extralites.

Now only if Fairwheel bikes can get the damn Extralite seatpost in stock I would be set.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.