Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Are they any good? Is anyone here using it in a daily basis, how do they take the punch - as much as for a light part such as this? First time I saw it and I'm very impressed, only 45g for the set. The bike is a Trek Top Fuel 9.9SSL on DT Swiss XR1450 wheels. Are they reliable? They seem a tad fragile, per say, but they are Ti, which is supposedly stronger. They also look a lot like Hope's. Any relation? Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

·
Weight Weenie Addict!
255 Posts
Black RONIN said:
Are they any good? Is anyone here using it in a daily basis, how do they take the punch - as much as for a light part such as this? First time I saw it and I'm very impressed, only 45g for the set. The bike is a Trek Top Fuel 9.9SSL on DT Swiss XR1450 wheels. Are they reliable? They seem a tad fragile, per say, but they are Ti, which is supposedly stronger. They also look a lot like Hope's. Any relation? Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:
I use them on my Scott Spark (FS) and so far they have delivered the goods. Weight and price are great plus contruction quality is very good. I expect these to last a long time.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I use them on my Reign and haven't had a single problem with them at all. They definitely do not grip as hard as plain old shimano skewers though. I know this because I had a Ti frame with a raw smooth finish on the rear dropouts and my rear wheel would literally slip out at times. When I replaced the rear skewer with a plain OEM shimano skewer the rear wheel never slipped out.

·
Registered
183 Posts
yeah agree with Justin they do not grip as hard as my Mavic skewers - you can spin them round when they are "tight". But never had a wheel come out and no complaints from using them at all.

They are on my HT bike I use every weekend for general trail riding thru to XC racing. I would buy them again no hesitation.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone. I'll look up to it. Nice add with the review Aulmen. Definitelly very good. But today at my LBS I was also offered the DT RWS Ti skewers, but those for road bikes, which seems to basically the same as the MTB version, apart from the design, which, in my opinion, looks better in the road version. What you guys think? Would be a better choice, even adding an extra 34g over the KCNCs? They cost a bit more too, but seems to be a better match for the DT wheelset though...

·
Weight Weenie Shop Owner
2,006 Posts
They work very well...

I have a ton of guys on these with disc brakes and zero issues

·
Registered
342 Posts
Black RONIN said:
Thanks everyone. I'll look up to it. Nice add with the review Aulmen. Definitelly very good. But today at my LBS I was also offered the DT RWS Ti skewers, but those for road bikes, which seems to basically the same as the MTB version, apart from the design, which, in my opinion, looks better in the road version. What you guys think? Would be a better choice, even adding an extra 34g over the KCNCs? They cost a bit more too, but seems to be a better match for the DT wheelset though...
Road bikes are typically 5mm shorter in the rear (130mm vs. 135mm), so you better make sure it fits right.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.