Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to get a good set of lightweight skewers for my 2010 S Works Stumpjumper FSR which has Roval wheels. My current Roval skewers weigh 107g and I saw the KCNC ones which weigh around 45g a pair and have ti axle and hollow alloy handles and state they are for MTB use
Has anyone been using these and are they up to using on my bike. They seem stupid light and only cost £40. Thoughts and experiences please anyone. I weigh 83kg fully kitted up.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
Depends on your size and what you're using them on.
I weigh around 160 lbs...used them on a Fisher Hifi 29er...you could feel the flex in the rear( not horrible, but noticeable), but not noticeable on a Lenz Leviathan.
I didn't notice a difference on the Fox F29 or a DT Swiss fork.

·
sometimes cheeky
128 Posts
The tensioning force is enough, but I do not like the lever. It's a little bit small and you need more power to close them.
Thats a little bit annoying, therefore I sold my after some weeks of using.

·
Registered
544 Posts
ive had mine for about a year now. never a single problem with them. i was about to buy a blue set last week but realized their ano blue is lighter than most companies blue. the lever is a little short but you can still get them plenty tight.

·
Crazed Country Rebel
6,345 Posts
Pete N said:
I am looking to get a good set of lightweight skewers for my 2010 S Works Stumpjumper FSR which has Roval wheels. My current Roval skewers weigh 107g and I saw the KCNC ones which weigh around 45g a pair and have ti axle and hollow alloy handles and state they are for MTB use
Has anyone been using these and are they up to using on my bike. They seem stupid light and only cost £40. Thoughts and experiences please anyone. I weigh 83kg fully kitted up.
The levers are small which makes the clamping force less that what you'd get with something large. I usually clamp them as tight as I can, then twist the lever 1/2 or so to tighten down even further. They work fine this way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.