Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Weight Weenie Addict!
255 Posts
We just started distributing KCNC but have been using their stuff for some time (testing) and so far their stuff hold pretty good, light and affordable. Presentation of the parts and finish is up to par with the best. Their skewers are probably one of the best buys. We also carry Part of Passion at 38 grams but cost more than double compared to KCNC at 44 grams (MTB) making them a hot seller.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
haha, your crazy.

I just put together a wheelset, but im not sure if it would be considered a weight weenie set.

Chris King ISO hubs (blue), DT swiss super butted spokes, blue nipples, Mavic 817 UST rim (or 819 i get confused but the UST disc one).... i think it should be a really nice / stiff / lighter than my bontrager race disc rims the hifi came with wheelset

·
Registered
425 Posts
saga said:
anyone have the jockey wheels let me know how they perform
I' ve been using the ceramic bearing jockey wheels for almost a year. My regular Sram XO jockey wheels would sometimes (when there was lots of mud) only last 4 to 5 rides. Very good quality :thumbsup:

·
Registered
469 Posts
I also have the ceramic jockey wheels that I've had for a while now in my spares box. I was just inspecting them and noticed I could easily slide a tissue down the inside of the gold cap where it meets the alloy body. It's only a gap of 0.1mm or something but still wouldn't this let the water in as I expected it to be sealed.

·
LuizSalles
56 Posts
i have the skewers, light anf good, have the jockey wheels, good too, but I didn' t like the bearings....

the seals are bad, maybe because isn't the ceramic bearings.....

only 800km and the bearings have mud, water, a lot of things..... I replace with the original X.0

·
Registered
63 Posts
i have jockey wheels non ceramic runnin on my xt shadow
the re super n have no problem wif them and seems way nicer to clean and maintain than shimano xtr ones wehn i rebuild my bike like every 3 months
my bike is always in muddy n sandy cond and seems like they do a preety good job and they re cheap as well

also shifting performance is way better due to the sealed bearin have lesser play

thinking of gettin skewers soon to replace my creepy A2Z ti ones

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.