Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Just Ride!
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's Ride, the trails should be about dry. :D

Some of the weather folk are saying the weekend doesn't look so good. :p

I'm taking the day off (12/30) and am going to ride somewhere, anyone else in?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I rode Blue River on Monday....more mud than you could believe. Ironically, it was the worst accross Blue River Rd. (east of). Needless to say, I was wore out pretty quick. Maybe biased but, I couldn't see a 26er going where I went :p :D

·
Que je suis bete!
438 Posts
Trail conditions

Not that I can be there, but I road Kill Creek on my 29 singlespeed Monday and it was very doable and dry enough accept in the meadows. Pretty short though, for those who haven't been there. Ride it twice! Any other riding areas above limestone shelf might be ok too.

·
Just Ride!
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good thing no one else made the drive! About half way through the town of Smithville, I started seeing standing water on the sides of the road. :eek: Sure enough, the TNT and Lakeside trail heads were very wet, so they must have had some precip in the last 48 or so.

Not wanting the mud police to hunt me down and determined to ride dirt, I cut a u-turn and headed south 40 miles to SMP where the conditions were near ideal. Bike and rider are very satisfied, and we even got back home in time to sign for the FedEx of a new Thudbuster St and Thomson stem. :cool:

·
Registered
585 Posts
Well seeing as it is 6 p.m. now you probably went and rode already. Just some input for other area KC riders, Shawnee Mission Park is dry and was very good riding today. I'll probably be back out there tomorrow and the next day since the weather is suppposed to stay dry, if anyone wants to potentially ride...

·
Just Ride!
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
C-Hog said:
Name your time, and I'll meet you at the tennis courts. I'll be on a red (XL) Fisher Paragon.
How about noon? Look for my GF Supercal. Also, check the board before leaving, we can come back to the lot at different times if needed.

·
Where's Toto?
1,188 Posts
Rode SMP this morning at about 0900. Think I was the first rider of '06. Great morning for a ride. Stopped counting at 17 deer. The trail was definately rideable, though a little muddy in a couple of spots.

Thinking of heading to River Trails tomorrow in Lawrence. Anyone know if it's dry enough to ride?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.