Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, first time posting at this forum,,, I'm just curious about this frame that I have for a few years,, I used it but is a bit large for me, it's a hardtail "kawasaki green" and it has Kawasaki decals and shimano also. I believe it's early 90's but I'm not sure and I can't find any information about Kawasaki bicycles on the net.. Is it worth anything?? Any one has any info about them or any site to go to??
Thanks.

·
VRC Illuminati
17,655 Posts
bajamtnbkr said:
Hello everyone, first time posting at this forum,,, I'm just curious about this frame that I have for a few years,, I used it but is a bit large for me, it's a hardtail "kawasaki green" and it has Kawasaki decals and shimano also. I believe it's early 90's but I'm not sure and I can find any information about Kawasaki bicycles on the net.. Is it worth anything?? Any one has any info about them or any site to go to??
Thanks.
A picture would help us answer all your questions....

·
Registered
779 Posts
bajamtnbkr said:
Hello everyone, first time posting at this forum,,, I'm just curious about this frame that I have for a few years,, I used it but is a bit large for me, it's a hardtail "kawasaki green" and it has Kawasaki decals and shimano also. I believe it's early 90's but I'm not sure and I can't find any information about Kawasaki bicycles on the net.. Is it worth anything?? Any one has any info about them or any site to go to??
Thanks.
could you possibly post photos? i know Kawasaki made the 70's muscle bike but i don't know that i've seen a 90's Kawasaki.

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
1991 Kawasaki KMB450

bajamtnbkr said:
Thanks.
Is it this one? Someone was selling it on Ebay but he wanted a local pick-up way out of state and I passed on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That one looks almost the same,, even the fork is the same but its remove now,, I'm using its original componnets on another hardtail and that RST fork is somewhere in the garage but the frame is the same, I think the decals have diferent colors.. Thanks for posting that picture.

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
No problem.

bajamtnbkr said:
That one looks almost the same,, even the fork is the same but its remove now,, I'm using its original componnets on another hardtail and that RST fork is somewhere in the garage but the frame is the same, I think the decals have diferent colors.. Thanks for posting that picture.
I gave the wrong year.It's actually a '92.I'm not sure if it's worth a lot of money but as an unsual make,I'd like to have it in my collection.So far,this bike and yours are the only ones I know about. I've seen other Kawasakis but they look cheesy.This one is cool. :cool:

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originaly it had shimano lx components but now I only have the frame available,, I think is size large, I'm 5'10'' and it was a bit large for me(short legs) and that is why I stop using it, but you can tell it was used because it has the usual "scars" from the chaing, etc.
Do you know how much they were asking for this one on ebay or sale price??

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
I think starting off at $50

bajamtnbkr said:
Originaly it had shimano lx components but now I only have the frame available,, I think is size large, I'm 5'10'' and it was a bit large for me(short legs) and that is why I stop using it, but you can tell it was used because it has the usual "scars" from the chaing, etc.
Do you know how much they were asking for this one on ebay or sale price??
That was about two years ago and the seller was doing it for a friend who didn't want to go thru the trouble of shipping it out of state. No-one else made a bid on it.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Built4Speed said:
I gave the wrong year.It's actually a '92.I'm not sure if it's worth a lot of money but as an unsual make,I'd like to have it in my collection.So far,this bike and yours are the only ones I know about. I've seen other Kawasakis but they look cheesy.This one is cool. :cool:
It's prpbably not worth too much in the MTB world but might have special value to Kawasaki mortorcycle collectors. If I were to try to sell it, I would advertise on Kawa motorcycle forums more than pursuing the bicycle angle.

good luck

·
Registered
60 Posts
i know i'm digging up an old thread here, but this bike turned out so well...

those are shimano R500 road wheels, vredestein slicks, avid brakes, sram levers, CODA cranks, and whatever else was lying around to make it go.

i had built myself a Miyata carbon road bike as a commuter, but it didn't fit right.

this however, is awesome! old MTB frame + 700c wheels = wicked commuter.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This is great!! I think you got it from me!! I sold it at ebay to some one in the Bay Area in California, I'm in Socal, and I send all the same parts that you are describing!! Can this be the same frame??? If it is I'm so happy to find out this is being well used :)

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Boy named SSue said:
It's prpbably not worth too much in the MTB world but might have special value to Kawasaki mortorcycle collectors. If I were to try to sell it, I would advertise on Kawa motorcycle forums more than pursuing the bicycle angle.

good luck
great points, this is the angle you want to take if you are selling.

hell, i never even knew they made MTBs and now i'm interested as i ride a Kawi moto. thanks a lot for encouraging the addiction with this damn thread :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.