Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Boy, looks can sure be deceiving. My Armageddon with Full Avalanche weighs only 45lbs.

FYI, the older Armageddon's with Fox RC shock/steel spring weighed in at 10.5lbs and the Disco's with a Fox RC/steel spring weighed in at 9.5lbs.

To me that's pretty light for a DH frame even by todays standards. Karpiel's have always had the reputation of being a tank, but it's mainly the parts that went on them. With the right parts you can make any bike a tank.

·
BrassBalled DropbarNinja
11,813 Posts
Brian HCM#1 said:
Boy, looks can sure be deceiving. My Armageddon with Full Avalanche weighs only 45lbs.

FYI, the older Armageddon's with Fox RC shock/steel spring weighed in at 10.5lbs and the Disco's with a Fox RC/steel spring weighed in at 9.5lbs.

To me that's pretty light for a DH frame even by todays standards. Karpiel's have always had the reputation of being a tank, but it's mainly the parts that went on them. With the right parts you can make any bike a tank.
wow... that is pretty good... you could make those very race worthy i tihnk... building one for 38lbs should be pretty easy... When are these new frames going to be released??

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.