Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hellow,

I have a little problem:
My frame is Karpiel Armageddon. I have 38t. ring in Holzfeller Cranks and 24inches rear wheel. I think chainguide is installed corectly. When I do something more extreme Chain is block between rear tire and frame. I've nervous about this very much.
What I must do to make it ok ?

Please for help, this is very important for me.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
can u explain more what the problem is? maybe a picture?

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
KevinM[Freerider] said:
learn some damn english...
Hey kevin.....translate this:

Go fvck yourself.

When you show half the proficiency in another language that efound has in what's obviously not his native tounge, you may speak. Until then work on that single digit IQ that's been nagging you so heartily.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
dude calm down, i edited it :rolleyes:

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts
kidwoo said:
Hey kevin.....translate this:

Go fvck yourself.

When you show half the proficiency in another language that efound has in what's obviously not his native tounge, you may speak. Until then work on that single digit IQ that's been nagging you so heartily.
I second it

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts
first off pivot the top roller so it goes towards the back of the bike.....second take your shock off and go through your travel and set your chain length with it in the easiest gear......third get rid of your 3.0 tires (assumption)

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
I second it
i third it...that kevin kids such a doufas!!!

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
Try rotating the boomerang (this is the back plate that the orange rollers are on). It looks like your chainguide is all one piece so this would mean just moving the whole thing.

Turn it so that it is clockwise. The bottom roller should be higher up so that the chain has more tension on it and is held higher out of the way.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Make a guard!

When i ran that same combo i made a simple guard to keep the chain from getting grabbed by the tire and going down into the chainstay.

I used a long spoke,put a piece of brake cable housing over it and bent it on the ends.

You now have a straight piece of spoke with the housing over it with a bend on each end.

make the bends equal to the space between the frame yokes (where the tire is).
Zip tie the bends to the chainstay and seatstay.Put the seatstay piece under your chainstay wrap.

This will keep the chain out of there!

Depending on how old the bik eis you can put the spoke through a hole in the swingarm yoke on the seatstay.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
kidwoo said:
Try rotating the boomerang (this is the back plate that the orange rollers are on). It looks like your chainguide is all one piece so this would mean just moving the whole thing.

Turn it so that it is clockwise. The bottom roller should be higher up so that the chain has more tension on it and is held higher out of the way.

Hope that helps.
I can't move up more the chainguide, because the CNC of shock will block the chainguide.

I must cancel the 3.0 tire ?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Don't shorten your chain too much!
That bike needs a long chain since the bike gets a lot longer under full compression.

If this guy is out having a good time and not complaining about his tires,or trying to win a race why bash him about the tires?

Yeah people thing they are lame now but if i was still hucking off cliffs to shale or deep gravel landings...they would still rock. But i don't anymore so i just run 2.5's (24/26)

I had to run a 24 on the back since tire buzz was a big problem since i'm short and ran my seat all the way down. Wait i still do, just not on a Karp.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts
When i ran that same combo i made a simple guard to keep the chain from getting grabbed by the tire and going down into the chainstay.

I used a long spoke,put a piece of brake cable housing over it and bent it on the ends.

You now have a straight piece of spoke with the housing over it with a bend on each end.

Zip tie the bends to the chainstay and seatstay.Put the seatstay piece under your chainstay wrap.

Depending on how old the bik eis you can put the spoke through a hole in the swingarm yoke on the seatstay.
that is good advice

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
efound said:
I can't move up more the chainguide, because the CNC of shock will block the chainguide.

I must cancel the 3.0 tire ?
I always used mrps on my karpiels but I guess yours won't fit quite the same. Do what krispy suggested. He was on those things with that setup for a while.

·
e.f.f.e.c.t smoothoperatr
2,300 Posts

my avatar look alittle firmiliar to you??? :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.