Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· MRI Magnet Quencher Fixer
634 Posts
It's open to bikes. Snowed in right now.

Scary Mc said:
Anyone know of the Kannah Creek trail is open to bikes? I talked to someone who thought it might be closed.....

Thanks~ Gary
Enjoy the climb. Its still covered in snow as of now. I will be by there this afternoon and will check it out.

TJ

· Registered
41 Posts
Summer ride

To ride the whold thing, you will need to wait a couple months. We have had a lot of snow on the mesa. As far a as I know there have been no closures to bikes. I rode it last fall. You have to be careful for horses on the trail. esp. during hunting time.

You can see the ride map and profile here. No wirte up yet. A long ride up if you climb it. You can run a long shuttle if needed:

http://www.gjmountainbiking.com/mountains/kannah.html

Have fun

· Registered
2 Posts
Kannah creek experience??

Anyone have experience riding Kannah Creek. How common is it to ride to the top, & roughly how long does it take. I was guessing approx. 5-6 hrs up & down.
Are there many riders on it? I'm thinking about doing this in September w/ one or two other fairly strong midwest riders. 'And to the next question, If anyone has ridden it, would they recommend it over other trails in the area, besides Mary's/Bench/Moore Fun & Lunch loop.

By the way, what's the trail like? Pretty rough/smooth, big hits, etc.

Thanks in advance,

eje

· MRI Magnet Quencher Fixer
634 Posts
He he......Uhmmmm......well how do I put it.

ejeaston said:
Anyone have experience riding Kannah Creek. How common is it to ride to the top, & roughly how long does it take. I was guessing approx. 5-6 hrs up & down.
Are there many riders on it? I'm thinking about doing this in September w/ one or two other fairly strong midwest riders. 'And to the next question, If anyone has ridden it, would they recommend it over other trails in the area, besides Mary's/Bench/Moore Fun & Lunch loop.

By the way, what's the trail like? Pretty rough/smooth, big hits, etc.

Thanks in advance,

eje
I know it is rideable for lots of people. I have pushed my bike a long ways up. Most of the time I shuttle it. The ride down will give you a beating. Enjoy. Here is a photo.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.