Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The Kamikaze was a test as usual. A test of our teams stamina, resourcefulness, strength and nerve. Arrive at cabin 4:00am, check. Register practice and overheat rear brake, check. Spend the next 24hrs retrofitting a Yamaha R6 lever with hand made banjo bolt and adapters, check. Bleed and seal with beer can shim, check. Ready to race. The brakes were able to lock at any speed, I threw the bike sideways multiple times entering turns. We learned a lot, the final version of the system should be in place by next week. Brembo lever and caliper with steel lines adapted and offset from frame and hub. Another good run with a top speed of 54mph. KAMIKAZE! 2016 KAMIKAZE DOWNHILL - PB CREATIVE PHOTO

Attachments

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Fast fun

Attachments

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Mountain Biking

Attachments

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
There has been progress. Brembo OE for KTM caliper and master cylinder with custom brake line and 219mm rotor are in place. Also, a nice shot from the 2016 kamikaze courtesy of Bike Magazine.

Attachments

·
Registered
292 Posts
Awesome Bike. It appear Bicycle Fabrications is no longer in business? I'm on the hunt for a tandem with a little more capability than my current ECDM (which is awesome) but could be so much awesomer! If you guys ever want to come to SLO and shuttle with my son and I, we'd be thrilled to show you the goods (assuming your rig can also be pedaled uphill) https://www.facebook.com/BikeChurchShuttles/

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Driving home.

Attachments

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
5:32

Attachments

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Looks like 2018 marks the end of the road for the KBG after six fun years. Now, just have to wait for it to be reincarnated again. The Kamikaze will return some day, and I'll be ready. Here are a couple shots from 2018.

Attachments

21 - 35 of 35 Posts